Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question for someone at Fitbit

There is one person on Fitbit that claims he is Fitbit's FIRST 12,000 Daily Challenge Winner. Are records like this kept?

He also claims that he is the 2017 and 2018 Fitbit World Champion. No matter how hard I look, I can't seem to find anything to substantiate his claim.

Personally, I think he is a cheater that posts inflated numbers to inflate his ego. I would ignore him, but he goes on Group Discussions and insults others with profanity-laced tirades.

So are there records kept and if so, how do you weed out cheaters?

Unless I'm wrong, I would love to be able to shut this guy up so he will stop turning people away from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Ronlaub Can you provide a link to one of the post? I'm curious to see what is being said and if his posts should be removed because of the use of profanity. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thanks for your quick response Marci. If you go to the Fitbit group "AA0-2017+ Step Goal Challenge-Everyone Welcome", you will find it. It is in the discussion section of the group under "A Logic Question".

He goes by "URNotInMyLeague".

He was asked a question in another group I was thinking about joining, but has not responded yet. I just worry that someone like this can turn people away and I am a Fitbit addict.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would report him. I saw it.

I dont know who the owner of the group is but they should be taking care of it as well

The have the ability to delete posts

Copy and paste the link to an email and report it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm not sure why the group owner of that club hasn't removed him and banned him yet.  Maybe the owner doesn't pay attention to the group or doesn't use a Fitbit anymore?

I was thinking of creating a group for 2019+ and I would absolutely ban that guy.  I'm sorry, I can't believe anyone is doing 100K+ steps EVERY DAY.  I can totally believe ultra runners/walkers who do it for several days in a row for races, but it's not possible to do every single day of the week for months at a time. 

Besides, his profanity and behavior is unacceptable and uncalled for. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I created my group, feel free to join!  🙂

https://www.fitbit.com/group/23F3PG

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Ronlaub I didn't go look at his posts because I completely get what you are saying. I am sad that he is allowed to be part of the group and even more sad that an adult chooses to behave that way. Maybe suggest to the admin of the group to report him and remove him from the group. It isn't fair for one person to ruin the experience of so many others. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I know I shouldn't let a guy like this get under my skin. He is not the first Fitbit cheater that I've encountered. It's just his pompous attitude, vulgar language and bullying tactics toward anyone who disagrees with him that bugs me.

In August, he "supposedly" averaged 80 miles a day. That is the equivalent to doing three marathons a day for 31 straight days. There are only a handful of ultramarathoners in the world that can average that for six days, much less an entire month. Google 144-hour race results and you will see for yourself.

Through the first five days of September, he is averaging 93 miles a day.

Unless someone has a question about my research, I will now shut up about him. I have done three 24-hour races and have had a chance to meet many elite athletes. All of them know that these kinds of numbers are a farce.

Best Answer