Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALIF Back Surgery - Getting back on track

I am currently 3 weeks post op.  3 weeks with very minimal activity, all those steps gone and no longer in the lead with my friends group.  Only physical activity I am allotted now is Walking.  I can do this, right! Anyone else out there possibly going thru the same thing and needing to compare, relate, discuss and help motivate to getting back on track to recovery and a healthier life style?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

wishing you a speedy recovery to 100%.. I am sure you will be back to where you were in no time. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi

im 53 and currently recovering from spinal surgery (revision of previous surgery) and yes it takes time and yes you will lose fitness, most of all be sensible: light exercises and focus on core muscle stability and breathing.

Just to put my experience and advice into context I have had multiple surgeries over the last 35 years and since 2001 have had fusion and implants from L3 to S1 inclusive and at C5/6. I have two total knee replacements and bi-lateral carpal tunnel syndrome.

my normal exercise routine is 45 minutes three times per week on a statice bike, 40 minute walk 4tines per week and 60 press ups per day with some additional core muscle exercises.

from experience I know that it will be a full 6 months before I will be able to get back to my normal regime and that’s ok!

Best Answer