Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active zone minutes

ANSWERED

Is 1000 active zone minutes per day normal? Camping always leads to an increase in active zone minutes, which makes sense. However on my latest trip, I averaged over 1000 active zone minutes daily when my daily average is 135 while my daily camping average is 400. Has anybody experienced such a big jump in active zone minutes? Should I be concerned? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming that everything is working normally now. That really was a pretty crazy accumulation of Active Zone Minutes. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @LindaMtl 

That does sound like a lot of Zone Minutes in a single day.

By any chance, did you look at the Zone Minutes data in the Fitbit app? When you tap on Zone Minutes in the app and swipe up to look at the Your Activities section, it will show you the time periods when you earned Zone Minutes. That should help you identify what you were doing at the time that generated the increased number of Zone Minutes. As you know, you earn 2 Zone Minutes when your heart rate is in the Cardio or Peak zones. 

Let us know what you discover. 

Best Answer

Thank you. I verified and the time of high activity (primarily in cardio zone) lasted over 8 hours each day during which I was canoeing, hiking with some rest/eating in between. There was also a glitch with my Fitbit. I used outdoor workout for the canoe outing but was never able to stop it. It ran for two days straight til the battery ran out. During that time it registered heart rate but did not provide a sleep score. Does this explain the high data?

Best Answer

Hi @LindaMtl 

Oh gracious! I think you're right. Most likely, not being able to stop your outdoor workout/canoe outing cause the abnormally high Active Zone Minutes. It makes sense that your device would still track heart rate, but not sleep since it continued to track your "exercise" for those 2 days. 

I hope everything is back to normal now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. All good now

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming that everything is working normally now. That really was a pretty crazy accumulation of Active Zone Minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes