Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a sport/activity...PICKLEBALL

ANSWERED

Hello Fitbit.  Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America.  I'd sure love to see it added to the list of sports/activities.  It's not tennis, it's not table tennis, it's not badminton, it's not racquetball.  I play just about everyday, when I'm not playing I'm teaching it to new players.  I think it's well past time for it to be added to the lexicon of available options.  Pickleball to the People!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In the forum stickies.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/Video-How-to-Customize-Exercise-Shortcuts/td-p/4158748/ju...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Do you choose "workout" as your activity when you play with your Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Richie2260  Is correct. Add workout to the list of activities for your device.

Then set up a custom record named pickleball and once it syncs you can rename it.

You will find create custom activity at the bottom of the activity tracker.

It would be impossible to list all the different activities out there.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I choose tennis because I can’t find pickleball
Best Answer

I don’t understand your instruction. How do I create a custom activity? 

Best Answer

In the forum stickies.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/Video-How-to-Customize-Exercise-Shortcuts/td-p/4158748/ju...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
Thanks for this link. However this video does not show me how to add an activity that is not already part of the selections. I am asking how to add something new.
Best Answer

Correct, that is for after you have made your custom name as given above from Workout.

But you haven't mentioned what device you have for more exact instructions.

Best Answer
Thanks. I thought I was in the Charge 4 section, that’s why I didn’t specify.
So, if I understand correctly, I choose Workout on my FitBit and then afterwards I go into the app and change the category by typing in Pickleball, and since I created it as a custom exercise it comes up.
Thanks! It worked. My error was that I assumed that once I had created the custom exercise (which I did when I had my previous FitBit), I expected it to automatically show up. I didn’t realize I had to start typing it in. Sure would be nice if those instructions were in the manual. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It literally took a village.
Best Answer

Now I'm finding that once I recategorize the exercise as pickleball, I lose the calorie info. It is replaced with pace.  I have to tap into the details to find the calories.  How can I get calories to be one of the first things I see?  It's there until I recategorize.

Best Answer

Of course it would be hard to add every exercise.  But if people are playing Pickleball daily in SPARTA TENNESSEE (An entire County of less than 22,000 people TOTAL!), I would think it might merit an activity of value.

Sharon Ertsgaard
Best Answer

One can create a custom activity.  Unfortunately it has no correlation with actual calories burned.  

Sharon Ertsgaard
Best Answer

Many sports would have terrible calorie burn estimates and are best estimated using HR-based calculations.

Create the activity Pickleball using methods above, select it when starting a game, and let Fitbit estimate calories from HR.

The database entries that have a calorie burn come from studies trying to measure an intensity. I could see this being a sport with a terrible avg calorie burn that someone would have no clue if they played as hard or harder than the people in the study actually measured.

And I'm doubting such a study will ever be done.

Best Answer

Can you be more specific? I don't understand your instructions. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

So true - Pickleball burns a lot of calories.  Worthless if you can't correlate it to the calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Inspire2 and  I cannot type in the exercise. Workout remains workout. Please help. I want Pickleball too !!

Best Answer