Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to stay motivated

Hey!
So I've been exercising and eat healthy since the start of Jan 2021. I've lost over a stone which I'm really proud of, but I'm still wanting to lose more weight. I'm really starting to lose motivation with exercising and finding my self crying as i just don't want to exercise anymore ( I need to keep going due to health and self confidence  ). 

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips at all or just something... really starting to struggle. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

What sort of exercise are you doing? If it makes you want to cry, maybe it's time to find something that is a better fit for you. There are so many forms of exercise. I'm sure you can find something that you enjoy doing. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since 2012 is a long time. It's no wonder you are losing motivation. Maybe it's time to switch up what you are doing. I would go to a sporting goods store (or look online) and see what's there that you can get exciting about. I know for myself, buying new equipment can motivate me. I have a climber I'm enjoying using right now, but it doesn't have to be something expensive. Maybe a rebounder or hand weights or a medicine ball. Or go to youtube and see if you can find a new exercise routine.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Hey, Ive tried a number of different exercises but still no luck, it doesnt help every where still being closed because of Covid .x 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bellesy wrote:

Hey, Ive tried a number of different exercises but still no luck, it doesnt help every where still being closed because of Covid .x 

Have you tried jogging, say in a park or other picturesque setting?

Best Answer

I've been doing it all inside my house or outside in nature. There are trials and parks that are open, or I've just been walking around my local neighborhoods. Wii Fit is old, but it still works. I've done a lot of laps in my house while watching TV. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started running outdoors last spring, after the gym closed. I kept that up for about six months. Then, when the weather turned cold, I bought a stationary bike and set it up in my spare bedroom. I've been pedaling that all winter. It was fun at first, but I'm getting bored with it now. Just in time to go back to running in the park. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Hi @Bellesy I'd recommend you to try some Yoga. This is great for your body and mind. Having your mind relaxed, you will stay motivated.

I hope this helps you.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes