Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ale Jog 2016 - My virtual fitness mission.

Just signed up to virtually travel from Lands End to John O Groats in 6 months as part of the Le Jog challenge on My virtual fitness mission. I plan to cover most of the distance on my bike with some walking thrown in here and there but how you cover the miles is up to you.

There are different time scales so you can choose a challenge to suit you. It starts on the 1st October but you can join later and work like mad to get the distance!

This is my new motivation to get back into exercise and, of course, it will all be tracked with my little Fitbit.

Anyone else doing this Le Jog from Lands End to aJohn O Groats?
Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

A link might help. I tried to google it but many came up

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the real thing on my bike over 7 days - I am not uber fit and training wasnt overly onerous so i would recommend to any aspiring middle aged average fitness people out there to set a target and give it a go - if you have a mate with a van you can always stop whenever you are tired. Aim to do it over 10 days and you will only be having to hit 80 miles a day which you can break into 4 20 mile rides a day.

I can promise you most people riding this route are not professional cyclists but normal not overly athletic individuals with a bit of motivation to try to achieve something and who dont mind the cold and rain!

I would like to sign up to this virtual challenge - where can i find it?

Best Answer

Blast I just posted a new topic on this and then saw this one!

The link is here :

https://www.theconqueror.events/

Best Answer
Thanks for the link will give it a look

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Biketrekker thanks for posting! It's funny - when you first posted this and I read that it starts in Land's End, I was thinking the San Francisco Land's End! Now that would be a very very far bikeride Smiley Wink

Good luck on your trek and congrats @MurrayF for completing it IRL!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry for not getting back to you all. I am currently laid up with a nasty cold which hit quite sudden and I had to abandon Monday's bike ride just a few miles short of the finish and get a lift home. It felt like I'd hit a wall and all energy and breath deserted me.

However, once recovered, I will resume.

To WendyB and MurrayF sorry for no link - I'm a forum newbie and never gave it a thought, will try to sort it.

MurrayF - I am impressed you did it in seven days, how many miles a day were you doing? As I'm taking the dog along I think our daily distance will be a lot less.

BrianA - thanks for posting a link, I am struggling to work that side of forum posting out. I use an IPad if anyone can drop a hint?

CallieFitbit - that would be a ride and a half! Just trying to persuade the dog now 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brian.A  Suggested reading for anyone who isn't actually going to do the trip:

The Road to Little Dribbling:  More Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson (Amazon).  He wrote a book about this exact route.  Highly recommended. [Edit:  Especially if you like humour].

Regards,

Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck and have fun! Sounds interesting, but as some people may have mentioned, a link for what you are doing could help the people who are interested.

Yours Truly,Geoffrey
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Biketrekker. We had to do some days of 140 miles plus which was too much. Made days too long and therefore less enjoyable best to keep to 100 or less a day so you get to enjoy your evenings
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have signed up to the Inca trail but cannot connect my Fitbit to the app any hints on how I do this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you figure this out? Mine isn’t connecting to my virtual race 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I signed up and started this week doing the Hadrian Wall.  I'm disappointed because the app isn't taking the fitbit data on their nightly synch at 2am.   The whole joy of this thing was their app would leverage my fitbit data to track my progress on the 90 miles route.

Has anyone gotten their fitbit to work with these conqueror events from www.myvirtualmissions.com?  Their support people told me today that for 2% to 3% of fitbit users the distances just wont send.  Be nice to find one of these 97% who it did work for and ask if there was any unique setting they did in their fitbit account.   

Best Answer

hanks for the link

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get anywhere? Having the same issue. Accounts are connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and was told the same thing. Starting to wonder if anyone has had it actually work.

Best Answer
0 Votes