Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligned and Well

I just thought I'd give a plug to Katy Bowman and her new book "Aligned and Well". 

For those that don't know Katy, she has a podcast called "Katy Says". She and her associate Dani Hemmat are a little silly - with a few atrocious puns thrown in from time to time. 

The premise of just about anything published by Katy is about movement - and how most of us in the USA will exercise for an hour, hour and a half - but we don't really move. 

She makes a differentiation between exercise and movement by illustrating the irony of walking to the store to get organic produce - yet being too lazy to actually plant and grow the produce!

The idea is that if we would stop outsourcing the responsibility of hunting and gathering to the grocery stores, we wouldn't need to spend countless hours in the gym and we probably wouldn't have to worry about counting calories, either. But it's more than just inconveniencing ourselves - it's about how if we sit all day --- or get a treadmill desk and stand and walk slowly all day- we're still exposing our bodies to repetitive motion. It's better in that it's a moving "load" - but it's still an identical load all day. 

If you've not read her material, I recommend you start off with a podcast where Joe Rogan interviews her - for about 90 minutes. Most of the discussion is fluff - and Rogan is trying to amuse people - but she shares some interesting things in that interview. 

If you like the interview, then you would probably benefit from reading her books. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for suggestion.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes