Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my new "friends".....

ANSWERED

Anyone else getting these weird friend requests out of the blue?  I accepted the first two, neither of whom seemed to have a good grasp of English, and booted them after a week of no activity, stepwise, on their part.

The only thing I now see that they have in common is no step activity.  None of them are from my town or state, and I'm not out there asking for new friends, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

they are actually getting more clever and posting stats from somewhere.. like screen shots. If they have few friends and mostly women, I ignore the request. also, their profile pics are fake... it is with kids, pets, in uniform or almost like head shots 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Yes I get them all the time. No Step Activity I blocked them. They are Men looking to chat and what not.

Heard there is women out there to doing it to men.

I basically except no male requests anymore unless I know them or have talked to them.

But Block as Ignore they can come back and request again. Block they can not.

Block does need to be done from the Phone though. Not an option on the computer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I get them too 😞

basically they are stalkers, what I’d like to know is how they find me to even send the friend request. That I know of Fitbit does not suggest friends...maybe I’m wrong, but I certainly do not get friend suggestions, and my profile is private unless one is already in my friends. So, how????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know the how...or the why.  It's not like I'll be giving out any banking/cc info out.  And I guess I didn't stay friends long enough for the two that I accepted to hit me up for money.  Not that I would have.

For now, as long as I see zero step activity, it's a no.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree with you! No steps, no friend.

I had 2 requests where the guys were new, but no steps, which doesn’t make sense for a wearable device. Then a new request from someone whose join date was 2017, and no steps! Unbelievable!

IMO, total stalkers and/or scammers

Best Answer
0 Votes

they are actually getting more clever and posting stats from somewhere.. like screen shots. If they have few friends and mostly women, I ignore the request. also, their profile pics are fake... it is with kids, pets, in uniform or almost like head shots 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I have sent one or two friend requests by accident. Tabbing through a list, I inadvertently touch the "Request" button. There is no way to cancel a sent friend request.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Slevin! An accidental click is understandable; and maybe you find a new friend through it, or not.
I will add someone I do not know to see their stats. No stats, remove the “friend”.
FitRed

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

The web address for your profile page looks something like https://www.fitbit.com/user/6LMP3R (mine) and access is not protected. They probably just start making up 6-character codes, possibly sequenced after a known one (like mine) and see what they find. If I change the last letter to an 'S', it comes up with a valid profile page (for someone I don't know) and I can click the "add friend" button. Great security there, Fitbit.

Best Answer

This makes much more sense as a backdoor method to find people for nefarious friend requests...

Best Answer

If one of these “stalker” type people actually was accepted by someone that is a friend of yours, all they have to do is look at their friend list.  Then they can go down the list and send a request to you and every body else on your friends list.  That’s how easy it is to get your name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information. I do check these stalkers for common friends, and have found none in common. I believe they locate people in the forums. They are usually Romance Scammers.

Get Outlook for iO

Best Answer
0 Votes