Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate to Wearing Fitbit on Wrist

I have recently set up my treadmill as a walking desk with my stand up desk for work, so I walk most of my workday now. I've been pretty impressed with my step count, but I'm wondering if it's double counting my steps. It's not overly tight on my ankle, and sits just above the inside ankle bone. 
The reason I'm asking is because my treadmill is in miles, and I have it set to 1mph - so in the last 3 or so hours, I should have moved about 3 miles. My Fitbit is in KM, and it's telling me that so far I have walked about 10Km (which is about 6.2 miles). 
I can't wear it on my wrist because my wrists don't move much while I'm working and typing doesn't count steps. Is there an alternate location I can wear my Fitbit to get a more accurate reading?

I have the Sense 2, and I wear it with an elastic strap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You are actually talking about 2 different things here.  First you say you are impressed with your step count.  But then you switch to talking about distance.  I realize they should correspond but don't necessarily blindly trust fitbit on that.  Before you wonder if it is double counting your steps, look at your step count before just jumping to your distance.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize that step count and distance are relative based on a persons stride length and height (I'm 5'7"). But for the roughtly 3 miles according to my treadmill, I have just over 16,000 steps. So yeah - that is an impressive step count for 3 hours, but I think it's a bit too impressive for the distance. 

I'm just wondering if there is somewhere better to wear my Sense 2 that might be a bit more accurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that 16,000 steps for the day, or for the 3 hours?  If it is for the day, I think  you have to make sure that is where the steps count came from.  For instance it is not unheard of for people to suddenly just get tens of thousands of steps added for no apparent reason at any time, tho often overnight.  My suggestion is to look at the workout summary or, better yet, use the exercise app to track a 'Walk' workout at your desk.  But feel free to just trust your own instincts.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes