Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ankle Fusion

Hi

Over the past 2 years, I've suffered from increased left ankle pain and, in November 2017, this resulted in my ankle being fused via 2 screws.

I was in plaster for 3 months over the Christmas holiday and the plaster was removed 2 weeks ago.

Subsequently, as I was unable to exercise for much of last year, and being non weight bearing for 3 months, I've piled the weight on.

My consultant has given me the go ahead to, pretty much, get back to normal but within my own time and limits, and with no mention of any physiotherapy.

I've a cross trainer, that I have started to use more often, and an exercise bike at home - can you suggest a rehab programme that I can do, at home, to regain some fitness and get rid of the belly??

Any suggestions welcome!!!!

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm shocked you aren't getting nay physiotherapy after that ordeal.  I'd get a second opinion on that.

Otherwise do whatever doesn't hurt too bad.  Just based on having screws in my hand and the pain after they came out and everything healed, it will take some time to get back to where you were (It took me 6 weeks after the fact to get back to "normal")

Best Answer

I think you should see about getting therapy. We can't tell you what you can do or shouldn't do. Two people with the same condition will react completely differently to activity. But, in the meanwhile, weight loss starts in the kitchen. If you primary concern is losing weight, focus on your calories and nutrition.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer