Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Taekwondo Fighters or MMA Fighters Here?

Would be good to discuss how we could optimize Fitbit for our sport.

Please add me as a friend.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, 

I'm a WTF green belt.  I have not competed but I do wear my fitbit during class.

Kim

Best Answer
Great! Do you track or set the tracker to 'Martial Arts'? If so how do you find this setting in terms of accurately tracking your session?
Best Answer

I have the ChargeHR.  I did not know there were settings for various types of activities.  I just time the session so I can monitor my heart rate and steps.  It has made me more mindful to keep moving. Our class is a very casual one at times and our instructor forgets to nag us about keeping on our toes and bouncing while waiting our turn to kick.  So, I try to keep bouncing and making steps, and in turn, it reminds everyone else to keep moving while waiting.  

Best Answer

I have had my black belt since January 2009 and bought my fitbit in May 2015. I do wear my fitbit during class. Not to count my steps, but to monitor my heart rate. I like to compare fat burn vs. cardio. While instructing class my heart rate tends to stay around the fat burn rate, from just movement and demonstrating infront of the class. While working out my heart rate is always in the cardio zone for the full hour class.

Best Answer

@Ninja_Olu@taekwondogirl@KimmyKim Welcome to the Community Forums, fighters! Smiley Wink Yes, try to log the activity manually after the session. There is an option for martial arts and I think that will work pretty well. Take a look at the picture below.

martial arts.png

Try that out and let me know if it is accurate enough! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Late to the party but a taekwondo practitioner here! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I practice kickboxing but im also late in the convo

Best Answer
0 Votes
Black belt in WTF Taekwondo👋 hi there!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Nice to see some fighters in here! Keep up the work!

Best Answer
0 Votes