Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says my cardio fitness score is 97

ANSWERED

I am reasonably fit but obviously this is completely wrong! I am 22 with a resting heart rate of 58. Can anybody help as to how I can fix this ridiculous score?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LeeWest I wouldn't be worried about the cardio score. Fitbit says the cardio score is the same as VO2Max, however, the company doesn't really reveal how it's being tested so it is really hard to use it as a reference for anything. Usually, VO2Max is tested using the Cooper Test. The test can be done, for example, using the Endomondo app. To find out your real VO2Max you should perform the test properly:

- ...Run for 12 minutes

- ...As fast as you can (if your body will need to slow down, do so, just get the 12 minutes done)

- ...On the flat surface

Then you can compute your VO2Max using the Cooper Test formula:

VO2Max = (35.97 x 12_minutes_distance_in_miles) 

You can see whether it's any close to what Fitbit shows. Mind that VO2Max may not improve even if you perform better with each run. Genetics, age, and gender are responsible for a very significant part of that metric. Not sure whether it helps but your cardio score may change if you go for runs which are based on the Cooper test rather than doing many runs with a similar pace etc.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2096

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How many runs would it be necessary to go on to get this to sort? I've been on 8 runs totalling around 70km since I got the tracker and it still says my fitness score is 97... Has anyone else had any experience with this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeeWest I wouldn't be worried about the cardio score. Fitbit says the cardio score is the same as VO2Max, however, the company doesn't really reveal how it's being tested so it is really hard to use it as a reference for anything. Usually, VO2Max is tested using the Cooper Test. The test can be done, for example, using the Endomondo app. To find out your real VO2Max you should perform the test properly:

- ...Run for 12 minutes

- ...As fast as you can (if your body will need to slow down, do so, just get the 12 minutes done)

- ...On the flat surface

Then you can compute your VO2Max using the Cooper Test formula:

VO2Max = (35.97 x 12_minutes_distance_in_miles) 

You can see whether it's any close to what Fitbit shows. Mind that VO2Max may not improve even if you perform better with each run. Genetics, age, and gender are responsible for a very significant part of that metric. Not sure whether it helps but your cardio score may change if you go for runs which are based on the Cooper test rather than doing many runs with a similar pace etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes