Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Wanderlust — Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The end of summer looms and there are only a few more weeks for a getaway or two before we move into fall.  You still have to get your steps though, so make your plans with some travel in mind and post your monthly goals here.

How It Works

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to encourage you to set and hit your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format    
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures

The theme this month is a nod to wanderlust and the road.  My friend @NellyG suggests bridges and overpasses along the way, and water when you get there … or was it the other way around?  Well, post your goals below and post your pics throughout the month.

IMG_0711.jpg

Hiking trail Bridge near my house from 9 years ago.  The bridge, and the brown dog behind Jayhawk (Hawthorn) are no longer in existence.

IMG_0137.jpeg

Chesapeake & Delaware Canal Bridge

IMG_7749.jpg

Charles Bridge - Prague.

IMG_1941.jpg

This way to water …

Posting

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Thanks, feeling much better; but not 100%, hoping to be in a day or so and will pop over to Sept.  Got my fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My goal is 13,500 steps 6 days a week. So that is 351,000 step goal for August. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HGeist1 -- I've created a new August challenge for 2020 (this one is from last year), and will be locking this one.  Please repost here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/Readjust-August-2020-Step-Challenge-and-Photo-Scavenger-H...

Thanks.  Looks like you've got a great goal for next month.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes