Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back To School

ANSWERED

I haven't been checking on the Fitbit community because I've been super busy on vacation the past two weeks. I've been traveling Greece with my family for an early spring break...very beautiful! Today I'm back to school and back to wearing my Fitbit all day, but I started wondering how can I get in shape for the upcoming summer? I have school from 7:30am-2:45pm and when I get out I'm not up to work out or walk. I have some questions so maybe you can help?!

• How can I get more steps when I'm in class?
  • Ideas to stay motivated?
  • Flatter tummy exercises?
  • Strengthening my thighs exercises?
  • Exercises or sports to do after school? 
  • After school snacks?

I know it's a lot but it'll be extremely helpful if you guys could at least answer a few! 

Please and thank you,

Amy

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Amy_Noelle: here are some general-level advice, after looking at your profile:

Try to be more consistent with sleep and get consistently at least 7-8 hours every night. Sleep is so important for everything, including weight management (hard to lose if you don’t get enough). Get off social media and other reasons to stare at an electronic display at least one hour before bedtime.

Increase the intensity of your physical activity, whatever it is you are doing (walking, playing sports etc.). In other words, get your red and yellow curves up: 

2017-03-28_1858.png

For comparison, check mine (and I’m an old fart):

2017-03-28_1859.png

The flatter tummy is mostly a nutrition thing: no special exercise will burn the fat off that particular area. Just be more active and drop a few pounds if necessary.

You’ll probably not be able to get that many steps when in class, so you’ll have to make time outside school. Go out for a one-hour walk every evening instead of spending time on Facebook, Instagram etc. Or do it on the move on your mobile Smiley LOL.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Amy_Noelle: here are some general-level advice, after looking at your profile:

Try to be more consistent with sleep and get consistently at least 7-8 hours every night. Sleep is so important for everything, including weight management (hard to lose if you don’t get enough). Get off social media and other reasons to stare at an electronic display at least one hour before bedtime.

Increase the intensity of your physical activity, whatever it is you are doing (walking, playing sports etc.). In other words, get your red and yellow curves up: 

2017-03-28_1858.png

For comparison, check mine (and I’m an old fart):

2017-03-28_1859.png

The flatter tummy is mostly a nutrition thing: no special exercise will burn the fat off that particular area. Just be more active and drop a few pounds if necessary.

You’ll probably not be able to get that many steps when in class, so you’ll have to make time outside school. Go out for a one-hour walk every evening instead of spending time on Facebook, Instagram etc. Or do it on the move on your mobile Smiley LOL.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

For nutritional wise, get the Hairy Bikers Dieters Books (4 in all) great hearty food and done to help with weight loss. It is written and created by Si King & Dave Myers. Helped me with losing some weight. I would do classes that you enjoy and where you have to move loads - cluberzise (dancing), netball, Les Mills, also walking helps.

Just up your exercise a bit at a time. Also you can do things at home to help with your core - press ups, squats, flutters, leg extentions, etc.

Hope this helps hun xx

Best Answer

Great suggestion @Severuss! Thank you for taking the time to share this. 

Experienced teachers can definitely have a great impact on kids. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes