Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beachbody workout

Can anyone advise of a BeachBody workout dvd I could do which doesn't involve any kneeling down? I've recently developed housemaids knee, I can do most exercises but just can't put my knee on the floor at all. I've done a few BB workouts & really enjoyed them so would ideally like to do another.
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I don't have any to recommend, but I get a ton of ideas for most things on pinterest. If you type that into search, I am sure you will get a few things to browse through.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I think I remember the Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire series from Chalene Johnson not having any moves that require you to kneel.

Best Answer

i do insanity max 30 every day and love it. i know it sounds intense and like it would be worse than insanity but its not.  they have a modified version off to the side. there is no jumping or any moves that would put a strain on it. you still get a good workout from it too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

CIZE and/or Hip Hop Abs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions.  I modify things myself, as I've had two surgeries on one knee and one on the other.  Lunges and I are not friends.

I've had to limit most cardio workouts, as I found some of the Turbo Jams, etc., do require lunge moves.  

I understand your pain L0uise!  I recently took out a one speed beach cruiser bike in Florida during vacation, and spent three days swollen up and unable to bend it (no gears and the seat was too low).  I'm down 40 lbs., so things are great with my FitBit, but I have to do things differently than others.

It makes me envious of those with normal legs, and super-confused about those who remain very heavy when they could walk, run, jump, and dance normally, let alone play sports.  Most of those great activities are but a memory...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a hard time getting down on the floor, too.  The only really boney place on my body ARE my knees.  Bummer.  I can't help you with the Beach Body dvd but I have found jump roping.  It's fun and the results are so quick.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the knee problems but I'm with you about hating those lunges.  However I gained about 40 lbs years ago when I developed heel spurs.  I gained about 10 lbs that first month because I could barely walk much less exercise.  No more tennis or jogging for me.  And I really loved those activities.  Once you get the hang of gaining weight there is really nothing to it.  But now I have no excuses and I am my own worst enemy.  Whenever I started to see success on an exercise/diet regimine I would eventually saboutage myself and eventually gain everything back again.  There are many reasons why people "stay sedintary" and not take that first step.  Negative thoughts are powerful road blocks to success.  I was on a yo-yo roller coaster for years because of them.  Something clicked this year and things begain falling into place for me.  I CONTROL MY DESTINY, NOT MY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS.  I fell into jump roping and love it.  It is easy, inexpensive and can be done anytwhere. Can't believe it hasn't affected my heel spurs.  I am wondering if you would have the same success...you just jump on the balls of your feet inches off the floor.  Just a thought.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those of you who mentioned activities like Cize etc. -  Do you pay for them?  I watched CIZE on a tv program  - it was all promotion.  I want to at least try different things without paying.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think there are classes where you can usually “try out” once or twice for free. I would certainly ask; they would probably not offer free classes.
Best Answer