Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to log my exercise of a walk, then a run and then a walk

ANSWERED

I have a fitbit 3 and am just starting a cardio-rehab program. My consultant has advised that I increase my 40 minute walk to a twice a week doing a walk of about 10 minutes (starting slow and increasing my pace until I hit the 10 minute mark) I then need to move into the running phase of intervals of initially 1 minute run and 1-2 minutes walking recovery and finishing with a 10 minute walk getting slower.

As my fitbit has trouble connecting to my android phone (it can take a couple of tries) I'd rather not stop between each phase and try to select a different exercise program.

What is my best tracking option? (Walk or run or something else)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DavidPa 

Given that you cannot easily start a new exercise record each time you change speeds, I would suggest just logging the whole 40 minutes as a run and then focusing on distance covered over 40 minutes as a metric of your progress over time.  One benefit of using the "run" option, even if you don't really run all the time, is that fitbit will use your times to better estimate your cardio score (Fitbit's estimate of VO2 max). That's another metric that should improve over time as you actually run more and your cardio improves. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @DavidPa 

Given that you cannot easily start a new exercise record each time you change speeds, I would suggest just logging the whole 40 minutes as a run and then focusing on distance covered over 40 minutes as a metric of your progress over time.  One benefit of using the "run" option, even if you don't really run all the time, is that fitbit will use your times to better estimate your cardio score (Fitbit's estimate of VO2 max). That's another metric that should improve over time as you actually run more and your cardio improves. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Scott,

Thank you for your reply. The choice and background for the reason is the sort of insight that I was hoping.

Best Answer
0 Votes