Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biking distance

My charge 2 seems to work fine in bike mode with my smartphone in my pocket, sometimes. I go 8 miles on the railtrail, and then return for another 8 miles. Sometimes it records 16 miles, other times just one way - 8 miles. The map under exercise gets the trip correct. Anyone know why it doesn't always record the roundtrip? Apologies if this has been answered before

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Louhv,

I've had that happen a couple of times. Who knows the cause. You should be able to edit the stop time of the ride to include the missing time.

When you say "bike mode", do you mean using the exercise shortcut on the tracker? That's how I would record the ride, as it lets you manually start and stop it, which should prevent that from happening.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
I click to 'bike' then press and hold button and it counts the time I'm biking. Smartphone tracks the distance and route. All this is correct, but for some reason it doesn't recognize the return trip, same route. So instead of 14 miles it records 7 miles. I guess I could edit, but it did get it correct one time so it looks like a bug to me

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Louhv,

I would try restarting the tracker, three times in a row, and see if  that helps. And let us know.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue.  Just today, I biked 19.2 kilometers, but my Charge 2 shows 10 and a bit.  I did the trip in two stages, because I walked for a bit once I got to where I was going.  So, I use my bike computer for distance, and fitbit for everything else, like calories burned.  Time and distance, I use my bike computer.

It does show the correct route, just the wrong distances.  Davey, I have tried starting it a few times, but I don't really worry all that much about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bike mode seems to work fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, I used it just on Tuesday, and it didn't track the right route, it cut it off intermittently, didn't record the correct amount of time, and I'm guessing about the calories burned.  So, I use my bike computer for distance and time, and Myfitnesspal for calories burned.  That's okay though, I still set it to bike mode and start it, just so it knows I did something that day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a bike computer ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an odometer you put on your bike.  There are all kinds that do all kinds of things.  Mine shows average speed and maximum speed, distance, time, calories burned(I don't use that) and time of day.  You have a sensor on your front wheel that is attached to the spokes and a sensor on the fork.  I wouldn't go without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes