what is fitbit users night  breathing rate 

What shoud be done to keep in ideal range 

Is fitbit measures only night braething rate

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What is ideal breathing rate

It depends (as usual). The ideal range is (according to this paper: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jhe/2018/1902176/) 12-20brpm (some other sources say 12-16brpm) in a relaxed state however this isn't a case when there are health issues involved or if you measure it during intense exercise (that's obvious).

My night RR (I prefer the medical term "respiratory rate") is 12brpm, my awake (but at rest) is 13brpm. Exercise (various intensity, but after warming up) 18-42brpm (looking at my records, I don't seem to go ever over 42brpm, this is already with my heart rate maxed out). Nothing abnormal. I'm genetically a sloth (my resting HR is 39bpm only) that exercises from time to time.

What should be done to keep in ideal range 

I don't think you can do anything to control your respiratory rate 🙂 You can force breathing "manually" but your body just knows when to breath. RR is pretty much "read-only" parameter that can tell you that something may be going wrong.

I think Fitbit measures RR only during sleep (please, correct me, someone, if I'm wrong).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

What is ideal breathing rate

It depends (as usual). The ideal range is (according to this paper: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jhe/2018/1902176/) 12-20brpm (some other sources say 12-16brpm) in a relaxed state however this isn't a case when there are health issues involved or if you measure it during intense exercise (that's obvious).

My night RR (I prefer the medical term "respiratory rate") is 12brpm, my awake (but at rest) is 13brpm. Exercise (various intensity, but after warming up) 18-42brpm (looking at my records, I don't seem to go ever over 42brpm, this is already with my heart rate maxed out). Nothing abnormal. I'm genetically a sloth (my resting HR is 39bpm only) that exercises from time to time.

What should be done to keep in ideal range 

I don't think you can do anything to control your respiratory rate 🙂 You can force breathing "manually" but your body just knows when to breath. RR is pretty much "read-only" parameter that can tell you that something may be going wrong.

I think Fitbit measures RR only during sleep (please, correct me, someone, if I'm wrong).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your email
Best Answer
0 Votes