Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned during a run don’t look high enough

I have recently purchased a Fitbit Versa but have found that the calories burned is very low. For example today I completed a 6.33 miles run In 53mins but the Fitbit says I have only burnt 165 calories, surely it must be more than this .

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, even if you were very short/light/old, this would still sound on the low side. What was your average HR during that run? How many steps were detected? If you’ve only done it once, I would repeat it and see if the numbers are still similar, or if it was an outlier.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hayley1910 Is the HR monitor even on? Because that sounds like it might not even be working. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hayley1910  checking in to see if things improved.. have you reset your fitbit? Have you noted your HR during additional runs to ensure it is working properly? Let us know if you need additional help. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes