Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can regular exercise boost your immune system

ANSWERED

Regular exercise will boost your immune system by increasing the number of T cells, a specific type of WBC.  Exercise will also help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways.  It also causes changes in the antibodies and WBC in the system.  Exercise, by increasing the core body temperature, mimics a fever, with activates the bodies immune system.  As with most things, too much of a good thing can be bad.  Over training will over stress the immune system, leaving you vulnerable to a cold or the flu.  My 2 rules concerning training are, never train through pain and never train when you have a fever.  Hope everyone has a safe and healthy holiday season.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@CorneyI love your comment about overtraining. I see this often from ultra marathon runners, that don't give their bodies enough recovery time. Rest is equally as important as exercise. Of course also nutrition. It's all about a healthy balance. 

@Corney wrote:

Over training will over stress the immune system, leaving you vulnerable to a cold or the flu.  

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@CorneyI love your comment about overtraining. I see this often from ultra marathon runners, that don't give their bodies enough recovery time. Rest is equally as important as exercise. Of course also nutrition. It's all about a healthy balance. 

@Corney wrote:

Over training will over stress the immune system, leaving you vulnerable to a cold or the flu.  

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes