Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can walk but not cycle

ANSWERED

Hi folks, just wondered if anyone can give me some advice.  I walk and can walk for miles usually without any problem. Ive never been into cycling but I do have a bike. I thought I would get my bike out and give cycling a go, when I come out my house there is a little incline to get to the main road. I just cant get up this incline, I have to stop then start, stop then start until I get to the flat road. Now my husband who does not exercise one bit, and who I would say has no stamina whatsoever can cycle up the incline no problem whatsoever. Why cant I cycle but my husband can when he isnt fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like the muscles at the front of your legs are weaker. Should be easy to fix if you find some gradual inclines when you are out riding and build up strength in those muscles.

Or just climb stairs around your house .

Can you change gears on your bike to make it easier to climb hills?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like the muscles at the front of your legs are weaker. Should be easy to fix if you find some gradual inclines when you are out riding and build up strength in those muscles.

Or just climb stairs around your house .

Can you change gears on your bike to make it easier to climb hills?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I did think that possibly my quads were weaker and yeah when going up the incline I am in lowest gear possible. I will keep at it. I suppose having the incline as soon as I start will be a good indicator that I am getting stronger when I eventually make it to the top without stopping. Just made me feel a total failure my husband making it in one go and I am supposed to be the fit one lol. Thanks for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes