Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you ammend map data?

ANSWERED

My phone must have pooed it's pants when I was out on my walk today and just drew a straight line between home & about half way through my course. Is there a way to ammend map data to correct this? It would also be a great feature be able to map your routes if you don't have GPS capability

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have had the same problem a few times. What I've learned that despite the map "data" showing me swimming across a lake and seemingly shortening my walk, the distance appears to be accurate. I say this based upon the same walk around a lake showing correctly and and a second walk showing as straight line still nonetheless showi the same distance. Irritating? Most certainly. Sorry there's no way to edit that I've ever found.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I am not sure what help you are looking for with fitness? 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry if I was not clear or if it is not in the right place...
I walk everyday & track my walks with my fitbit app. I have had other fitbit devices in the past and until I get a new one I am using the app on my phone so that my data in all in the same place. A few days ago something happened with my phone where the GPS functionality stopped working for a preiod and it just drew a straight line from home to a point which affected the measured distance & pace. 

My question is can you ammend the map data so that I have the correct course & distance that I actually walked. I know you can manually enter a walk but without the map data I do not know the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no such feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem a few times. What I've learned that despite the map "data" showing me swimming across a lake and seemingly shortening my walk, the distance appears to be accurate. I say this based upon the same walk around a lake showing correctly and and a second walk showing as straight line still nonetheless showi the same distance. Irritating? Most certainly. Sorry there's no way to edit that I've ever found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks heaps. The distance on mine was definitely cut too but I guess until I get a New unit I will just have to keep a closer eye on my app.

I still think this would be a great feature for corrections and non-gps units.

Best Answer
0 Votes