Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of lifestyle, how to change settings for calories tracking.

I've been going through a drastic lifestyle change. From working out daily and moving constantly. Previously in the military I averaged about 14,500 steps daily. To now being a Full time student taking 21 credit hours worth of classes in this fall semester. As a result my work out routine has dropped from 5 or 6 workouts weekly to 0 or 1, and my average step count has reduced to an average of about 6,500 steps daily. Here's my conundrum, I do my best to track my calories using the Fitbit calorie tracker on my phone app, however its still configured to my previous calorie daily requirement of 3,000 calories. I don't know how to change my activity level on the app from highly active to sedentary, I'm almost certain my calorie daily requirement is now around 1,800. And I would like the app to change to reflect it as such. 

APP: Fitbit, Samsung Galaxy S9+

Product: Fitbit Versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

"tracking your calories" - not clear if you are talking about calories burned or eaten?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I "Track my calories" both in and out using my fitbit. But for the purposes of my post I was referring to calories eaten. The fitbit apps calories in tracker has a function that times how much calories should be eaten throughout the day total by time of day as well as total calories ingested. I'm not too sure how many calories its currently set to however I need to set my resting metabolic rate way down, so that the calories in per time of day is accurate, and my total calories in vs resting rate is fixed for me to lose weight or maintain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit takes care of all that for you. It sees how much, or little, you are moving and how many calories you are burning.

Except I don't know why you say "it is still configured to your previous daily calorie requirement of 3,000 calories."  It should see you are moving less and require burning fewer calories and require less intake.  Have you set a weight goal to guide fitbit?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes