Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 steps track inaccuracy

I bought the Charge 4 two days ago and I am not happy at all. It adds a lot of steps just by moving my hand or driving! It says I have done so many steps and kilometers and it's not true. I downloaded an app to sync it to Apple Health and now the Charge has decided I burnt like 1000 calories today (250 from exercises and a walk and the rest from this invented steps) so the Apple Health app is telling my calories app that I burnt so much and the calories app is telling me I have to eat 1700 calories for dinner because it adjusted to the Fitbit app. It's worthless this way, I read there are many people complaining, so it's not new, but I wanted to add my complaint and ask two things:

1. Has anyone ever solved this?

2. Is there a Fitbit that is more accurate? I am thinking to give this back and buy another one, if there is one that is not terrible like this

Also the automatic feature to calculate the stride length is not working. I turn it on and it gets off all the time.

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The stride length feature can't be too accurate because actual stride length always vary. Charge 4 is a top fitbit device, it's just technology's never perfect. I'd propose you use the "relax" feature on the charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I just need to relax, Well thanks it was helpful! Do you think that tracking 9000 steps instead of 4000 is just not perfect? I am not looking for perfection, I am just asking a tracker to track my steps the best it can.

I am not talking about a 500 steps of difference, this is 5000 steps never made. What’s the point of having a tracker that doesn’t track? Besides that your answer was really rude and quite stupid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out how to solve this:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I'd like to share this help article, which explains more information about the accuracy of our Fitbit devices.

See you guys around! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes