Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing an exercise on Fitbit

ANSWERED

I have a Versa. When I go to the "exercise" mode, I can chose what kind of exercise it thinks I'm doing. There is a built in "run", "walk", etc. I was just wondering if it matters which one I choose. If I choose "walk" and go outside and run, do I get the same calorie count, etc. as if I chose "run"? Just curious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Those are merely text labels that are put onto the Activity Record.

If HR is available then HR-based calorie burn is used for either.

If no HR, than distance based calorie burn is used for either.

Being misnamed doesn't change the calculations.

People that do run/walk intervals would be in big trouble if that was the case.

Only 1 I've seen that might matter in being specific is Weights - where on some devices it will use the more accurate database entry for rate of burn rather than by HR that would be inflated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Those are merely text labels that are put onto the Activity Record.

If HR is available then HR-based calorie burn is used for either.

If no HR, than distance based calorie burn is used for either.

Being misnamed doesn't change the calculations.

People that do run/walk intervals would be in big trouble if that was the case.

Only 1 I've seen that might matter in being specific is Weights - where on some devices it will use the more accurate database entry for rate of burn rather than by HR that would be inflated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I thought. Thank you for the confirmation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes