Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community support?

ANSWERED

Hi!

I just got my Fitbit Force for Christmas and I'm loving that there is a whole community of fitbit users. I'm also using Myfitnesspal to help aid me in losing weight and i'm down 35lbs so far. Anyway I was wondering if you can add friends or join groups like with MFP? I plan to trainning to do several 5k's in 2014 (I did my first one in April) and would love to get tips, or have others who have done/are doing the same in my corner!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JBee wrote:

Hi!

I just got my Fitbit Force for Christmas and I'm loving that there is a whole community of fitbit users. I'm also using Myfitnesspal to help aid me in losing weight and i'm down 35lbs so far. Anyway I was wondering if you can add friends or join groups like with MFP? I plan to trainning to do several 5k's in 2014 (I did my first one in April) and would love to get tips, or have others who have done/are doing the same in my corner!

Yes, there are groups just like on MFP.  Here is a link to the groups page where you can see the most popular groups and also search by keywords to find a specific type of group.  You can also create your own group and build its membership.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@JBee wrote:

Hi!

Yes, there are groups just like on MFP.  Here is a link to the groups page where you can see the most popular groups and also search by keywords to find a specific type of group.  You can also create your own group and build its membership.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to hear you're excited about the community. If you want to tap into its awesome member base and create a space for 5k training tips, you can start your own thread (or two or three) in the Get Fit discussion board. I've seen a few very tight knit motivational "groups" form in single, fast-growing discussion threads. The "How do Women over 60 get in shape" thread is extremely popular and a fun place to pop into.

There is no friending feature here on the community, but if you find someone you want to motivate, you can visit their profile, click the "go to Fitbit.com profile" link and friend them through Fitbit.

Best Answer