Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare cardio fitness score Charge 2

Male, age 60, score 48Male, age 60, score 48

How do I compare to others? Male, age 60, score 48.

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

The comparison is the spot on the colour scale where your score lands: if it’s in the bright green area, you will get "excellent for your age". The closer is it is to the right, the "more excellent" you are. This is where I currently stand:

cardiofitnessscore.jpg

I have a range instead of a score, as I haven’t been recording runs for a long time (difficult for me because of climatic restrictions). When I had a score (single number), it was right in the middle of the current range.

I’ve been gaining (bulking) and losing (cutting) weight during the past six months:

2017-03-10_1946.png

What I’ve noticed is that my cardio fitness score mathematically goes down when I gain weight and u up when I lose some. I don’t think my cardio fitness itself has changed much during said period.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am 36-40, which is excellent for my age range.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought I was doing well as 38-42.  (for a 50yo man, Good to Very Good)   Guess not.   That is from my Blaze without doing any running that is supposed to increase the accuracy.  (my knees are no longer running capable if I want to move over the next week or so)

Michael

Best Answer

@McLoki

Just because others are doing better, it does not mean you are not doing well.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Female, 31, score is 30-34 which is between fair and average for my age. 😞

Best Answer

I was wondering how my fitness score of 49 compared to different age groups.

I changed my age to 30 from 60 and the score of 49 then shows as good so I am quite happy with the score.

Best Answer

Male Age 48, I am new to this fitbit and exercise in general, in fact I've not ran since school. 

Familiar story, doc told me to lose weight, blood pressure. So what's the first thing someone does that works in IT? ... Yes I bought a gadget.

I've had the fitbit just 10 days, during which my cardio score has gone from 38-40 range to 48. At the same time my resting HB has dropped from 75 to 60.

That seems remarkable to me, either a week of dieting and a couple of runs has made a huge difference already, or my fitbit is playing up?

https://www.fitbit.com/user/5KRRJY
Best Answer
0 Votes

@baitedbadger I am in the same boat as you! I have high blood pressure and need to lose weight and get it lower. My resting heart rate has improved a little but I haven't been running. Just walking and exercise bike. But I started exercising before I got the fitbit and I'm sure it was way higher before that. It was like in the 80's every time I took my blood pressure! And I'm with you, gotta have gadgets and numbers and scores to keep me motivated because I'm a gamer. I can make anything fun if I treat it like a video game.

Best Answer

@Megzzzx wrote:

Female, 31, score is 30-34 which is between fair and average for my age. 😞

You are not alone in that range of Fair to Average. Do not fret. Just do your best to get out of that - like I am! I'm in the fair to average for ladies my age - close to 49  years old)

Jenn Walks / Fitbit Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR / Android / Chrome OS / Windows
Best Answer

@Jenaht Thanks. I am trying. I knew I was really out of shape and doing bad health wise. I could feel it everyday. It just hits you when you finally see that. I'm just glad I'm making the effort now and didn't wait till it got worse!

Best Answer

@Megzzzx starting - or getting to the point where you start - is hard. But you've done it. It won't be long before you will really notice that your body craves the extra moving! You'll see how bad you generally felt when you didn't move enough. At least that is my experience. I also right now keep my goals in a more level / realistic range so that I am more likely to continue. I know there are some truly amazing athletes around here and I'm not one of them. Who knows maybe down the road I will want to challenge myself more....how great would that be?! But my point is to choose your path to set yourself up to SUCCEED; not to trip and fail.

You are well on your way!

Jenn Walks / Fitbit Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR / Android / Chrome OS / Windows
Best Answer

@Jenaht Yeah, I agree. I use to be the type of person who never sat still. I walked to work, worked all day on my feet and then would still need to go for a walk or a bike ride or a hike when I got home. Or clean the house because it was dirty and it was midnight and I knew I had to sleep but I just couldnt till the house was clean. Haha. I use to go 900 miles an hour it felt like. Then 4 years ago I got sick. And ever since it has been one thing after another and I just couldnt get my energy back. Once I get moving now I have energy but some days it is such a struggle because I feel so tired all of the time. Or my stomach will be upset and I will be in so much pain. But im not letting anything stop me this time. I am going to get back to how I use to be. And im going to be healthy again. 

Best Answer

@Megzzzx wrote:

@baitedbadger I am in the same boat as you! I have high blood pressure and need to lose weight and get it lower. My resting heart rate has improved a little but I haven't been running. Just walking and exercise bike. But I started exercising before I got the fitbit and I'm sure it was way higher before that. It was like in the 80's every time I took my blood pressure! And I'm with you, gotta have gadgets and numbers and scores to keep me motivated because I'm a gamer. I can make anything fun if I treat it like a video game.

Hi, I was 17st 9lb when I retired at 56 probably more but that was my highest recorded weight. I am now 60 years old and currently 13st 0lb. I was 12st 6lb just before Christmas but my new years resolution was to reduce my daily exercise from 4hrs to 3hrs per day. I now run 10k 3 times per week, 5 times per week last year. I also cycle every day last year I did 15,000 miles but it will be nearer to 12,000 miles this year because I have cut down. When I first started cycling I had to have an Ebike electrically assisted, now I use a road bike every day my longest ride is 115 miles.

I was on three blood pressure tablets when I retired I don't take any now so if you keep it up over a long period good health should return.

I have never really dieted I just ensured that I exercised away more calories than I ate or drank.

Best Answer

@dezellis wrote:

@Megzzzx wrote:

Hi, I was 17st 9lb when I retired at 56 probably more but that was my highest recorded weight. I am now 60 years old and currently 13st 0lb. I was 12st 6lb just before Christmas but my new years resolution was to reduce my daily exercise from 4hrs to 3hrs per day. I now run 10k 3 times per week, 5 times per week last year. I also cycle every day last year I did 15,000 miles but it will be nearer to 12,000 miles this year because I have cut down. When I first started cycling I had to have an Ebike electrically assisted, now I use a road bike every day my longest ride is 115 miles.

I was on three blood pressure tablets when I retired I don't take any now so if you keep it up over a long period good health should return.

I have never really dieted I just ensured that I exercised away more calories than I ate or drank.

Yes, that is what I'm hoping for. I really do not like the idea of being on medications long term because of all the other issues medications can cause. I prefer to avoid them if at all possible. Through a strict diet I was able to avoid having to be on medications to stop intestinal spasms for my IBS. So eating for me isn't really a problem. I can eat pretty well already, but I did drink too many calories and also was not active at all. So now I'm getting more active and only drink water. So hopefully I can get off my blood pressure medicine soon. Maybe my heart burn medicine for my hiatal hernia too. It got worse and worse as I put on more and more weight. So I'm hoping maybe it won't be as bad when there is less pressure on it when I lose weight. And also since I'm trying to eat less, that helps it as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats what mine is ... and that is exactly how i feel 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a 69 year-old female, have exercised all my life, including running 5 miles a day religiously for 13 years.  Right now I go to the gym 5 days a week, which includes 2 lifting classes - deadlift PR of 170#.  Had a stress test at a cardiologist recently, and he said my results were impressive.  My FitBit fitness score is 41-45.  Seems to me it coincides somewhat with other observations regarding my overall fitness level for my age.

Best Answer

That is a great score.  I am 62 yo and mine is 43-47.  So it shows me that i have room for improvement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Female age 63, Score 42-46

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I am an 80 years old woman and have a fitness score in the range of 42-46. I can just about jog a mile but can walk 5. I think this score is too high. 

Best Answer
0 Votes