Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-training doesn't register all the steps

ANSWERED

Hi!

I`m qiute new in thjs smart watch thing, I`m using the "progam" Crosstraining, but it seems like it only registrate some steps, my question is: can I do something to make it work? Or doesn´t it registrate steps when crosstraining?

For example: Today I crosstrained för 37 minutes, but it has only registrated 1428 steps, but accorting to my calculation  I´ve shoulld have made 80 steps a minute, about 2960 steps.

Best regards; Sussane

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sussane_smed You should use the "Elliptical" workout mode on your device. I believe the "crosstraining" exercise on the Fitbit device means going back and forth between different modalities (like going from lifting weights, to rowing, to cardio, etc). If you have one of the smartwatches, you can scroll through the list of exercises that are pre-loaded to find the Elliptical option. If you have a tracker like a Charge or Inspire or Luxe device, you can look at the video in this post for how to add Elliptical to your device.

The other thing to note is that if your arms aren't swinging, it will not register all your steps, so make sure you are holding on to the arm rails of the elliptical and that you are moving them back and forth purposefully to capture each "step".

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Sussane_smed What do you mean by "crosstrain"? Are you using a crosstrainer/elliptical machine? Or are you doing a mix of weights and cardio in one workout?

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a cross trainer an elleptical machine I use for exercise. I would like to see how many steps I totally do every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sussane_smed You should use the "Elliptical" workout mode on your device. I believe the "crosstraining" exercise on the Fitbit device means going back and forth between different modalities (like going from lifting weights, to rowing, to cardio, etc). If you have one of the smartwatches, you can scroll through the list of exercises that are pre-loaded to find the Elliptical option. If you have a tracker like a Charge or Inspire or Luxe device, you can look at the video in this post for how to add Elliptical to your device.

The other thing to note is that if your arms aren't swinging, it will not register all your steps, so make sure you are holding on to the arm rails of the elliptical and that you are moving them back and forth purposefully to capture each "step".

Best Answer
0 Votes