Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivering packages - which fitbit to choose???

ANSWERED

Hello everyone!

I deliver packages for a living.  I go up and down quite a few stairs and walk to and from my vehicle.  Typically about 100 stops per day.  I'm trying to figure out which Fitbit to choose.

I would like to track steps, stairs and ideally sleep activity.  Having a compass would be nice but isn't a requirement.

When I deliver packages, I'm typically carrying them in my left hand or arm.  I also usually have my phone in my right hand.  My right hand is dominant.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Burnt ,

Do check out the comparison as @Dominique  suggested. Multiple models may work for you.

The only thing I'd keep in mind is that wrist-based trackers tend to rely on the motion of an arm swing to help determine step counts. So if both arms are occupied, as you described, it's possible to get fewer steps counted.

If step count numbers are important to you, take a look at the new Inspire model. They can be worn on wrist or clipped onto clothing, so they can count steps whether your arms are swinging or not. Best of both worlds.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Any Fitbit should be able to pick up your activity while at work. You may want to use Fitbit’s own comparison page. You can tell about your dominant hand in your personal data. GPS (for those models that support it) wouldn’t be of much help at work, so you should evaluate it based on what you do outside work. When I got my first Fitbit six years ago, there were only four models to choose from, much easier! I’m sure you’ll be able to find a good match!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Burnt ,

Do check out the comparison as @Dominique  suggested. Multiple models may work for you.

The only thing I'd keep in mind is that wrist-based trackers tend to rely on the motion of an arm swing to help determine step counts. So if both arms are occupied, as you described, it's possible to get fewer steps counted.

If step count numbers are important to you, take a look at the new Inspire model. They can be worn on wrist or clipped onto clothing, so they can count steps whether your arms are swinging or not. Best of both worlds.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer