Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumbbell Workouts and Routines

If you prefer to work out at home and can't afford expensive gym equipment and/or have limited space, then dumbbell workouts may be for you. Here are ten of the most popular dumbbell workouts:

Top 10 dumbbell workouts: www.dumbbell-exercises.com/top-10/index.html

And here are some good routines: http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/workout-routines/index.html#3

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Thanks for the links! They look great!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are some great workouts. Thanks for taking the time to share with everybody!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

Thanks for the links! They look great!

You're welcome. 🙂

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rebeccam90 wrote:

These are some great workouts. Thanks for taking the time to share with everybody!

No problem, you're welcome. I've been working in more exercises in to my weight loss program this time around to hopefully develop better habits. Since I have resistance bands and dumbbells I figured an easy, convenient way to start was this way.

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer

dumbbells are awesome for toning and some strength training. for anyone just starting out, please pay attention to form and posture when using them. if you aren't used to the added weight and you move wrong, it will hurt. study the pros and copy them- all should be well. thanks so much for sharing this!!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

There are alot of good exercises you can do with dumbbells to work the whole body. Goblet squats and lunges are super leg exercises, and for the hamstrings you can do some stiff-legged deadlifts.  For the upper body you can do dumbbell bench presses, rows, overhead presses, lateral raises. rear delt raises, curls, and overhead tricep presses.  Use good form, but most of all have fun with your workout!

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer and NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer.
Best Answer

Awesome advice everyone!!

I especially love dumbells because I can do them at home in my room without having to go to a gym. This is great because I can squeeze in workouts whenever I have the time!

Best Answer

@Nick17 - That's what I love about them. You can get a full body workout at home with simple equipment. I just need to invest in a bench now.

@CallieM - I love them for the convenience. I'm going to take some to the office so I can sneak quickies in at work too!

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer

@LedMatrix wrote:

@rebeccam90 wrote:

No problem, you're welcome. I've been working in more exercises in to my weight loss program this time around to hopefully develop better habits. Since I have resistance bands and dumbbells I figured an easy, convenient way to start was this way.

I am new to exercising and trying to work on losing some weight, and dumbbells and resistance bands both seem the least intimidating to start with. Especially since they are not too expensive and easy to do in some spare space of my apartment. Picking the right exercises to do with those is where I get overwhelmed with the options. But these links are definitely helpful to start!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rebeccam90 wrote:

I am new to exercising and trying to work on losing some weight, and dumbbells and resistance bands both seem the least intimidating to start with. Especially since they are not too expensive and easy to do in some spare space of my apartment. Picking the right exercises to do with those is where I get overwhelmed with the options. But these links are definitely helpful to start!

Here's a site with a bunch of great resistance bands exercise. Scroll to the bottom and click the link to any you want to learn. Each also has the option to print or save as PDF.

http://www.workout-routine.com/workout-routines.html#bands

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer

That is great! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Been looking for some weight lifting routines. That's going to be my New Year's Resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good set of adjustable dumbells for us beginners?

Here's something like I have in mind.

Weider Powerswitch Pair

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting the links.  I knew about 5 of the exercises, but now I have 5 more to add to my routine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SebringDon wrote:

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good set of adjustable dumbells for us beginners?

Here's something like I have in mind.

Weider Powerswitch Pair

These are the ones on my wish list: Adjustable Dumbbells

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tave wrote:

Thanks for posting the links.  I knew about 5 of the exercises, but now I have 5 more to add to my routine.

Yeah, lots of good ones. I need to get a little bench to do some of them properly.

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer