Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Workouts Problems

I have an Inspire 2 and use the Fitbit app.  I enter my workouts (treadmill) manually into the app.  For some time now, I can enter workout type, start time, duration, and distance, but cannot enter calories burned.  Just doesn't allow it.  Not sure why you can't enter all info.  Not concerned about the speed.  I walk quick on the treadmill at a level 16 or so and would love to show those calories burned as well as the distance walked on the app.  

After entering the info, I can then click on that individual activity and try to edit the exercise and add the correct calories, but then it shows a different distance.  And when I hit "log it", it doesn't take and goes back to the original input.

Any ideas?  I've uninstalled the app and same thing.  

Thanks in advance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@doa_jeff  I apologize if I'm misreading what you wrote.  If you are manually logging by tapping on the "+" sign on the Exercise tile on your app, then choosing log, then treadmill, then you aren't getting the most from your Inspire 2.  You should be using the Exercise app on your Inspire 2 with the treadmill shortcut.  See this help article for more details: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Logging on the app is for older model trackers that don't have an exercise app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW , sorry, but in @doa_jeff case you are mistaken. When he says he is walking fast at level 16, he has to mean incline 16. It is not a device yet invented which is able to detect incline on a treadmill.. If he walks at 7.5 km/h (4.7 miles/hour) and weighs 75 kg (165 lb)at incline 0  = 450 kcal, Incline 5 = 520, Incline 10 = 590 Incline 15 = 670 kcal

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

@LokeAa there is a device and it's called RUNN (I highly recommend it if one wants accuracy on treadmill, it also shows how inaccurate treadmills are in own readings). But it is true that there is no wearable device (when I use Stryd pod on treadmill I need to set incline on the watch or mobile app manually - whichever I use to control it).

Best Answer

@LokeAa   I understand what the OP means walking at level 16.  This is the crux of my question -- is the OP wearing their tracker and then trying to log that same treadmill activity after the fact?  This is why I apologized if I misunderstand the post.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks all, and very sorry for the very late response.  I would try to insert the stats manually into the fitbit app.  I can get time and distance, but not calories burned.  

I tried using the band itself to register and it wasn't reading all the time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes