Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises at home

Hi guys! What kind of exercises do you do in rainy days and weather doesn't permit you to go outside?

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Stationary bike, elliptical and walking up and down stairs in my house. Living in the PNW means I have a lot of rainy days, so it's good to have options. 😁

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

If not still recovering from doing it prior day, weight lifting.

Or get some errands or jobs done that might have been done another night, which may now turn out clear and I just trade days basically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

I have a stationary bike that I can ride when the weather's bad. I try to get outside when I get though, even if the weather isn't the best. I don't mind a little rain. We've been having hail storms lately. I definitely don't need to go out in that! 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a treadmill at home and we have a home gym, but I don't really like using the home gym.  It's more of my husband's gym.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

If I exercise indoor then usually it's either bike riding (it's boring but sometimes I race in Zwift, gamification makes it slightly better) or calisthenics workouts. But there is no such weather that wouldn't permit me to go outside (well... maybe hurricane but I have never experienced that). For some unknown reason, I don't like to exercise at home. Even on a rainy or snowy day, I will go for a run or cycle outdoor.

Best Answer

Awesome guys! As it was mentioned above, it's good to have options at home when it comes to take advantage of technology when the weather doesn't favor us. Gym machines make our lives easier so we can keep achieving our goals.

Best Answer

I get on the treadmill and watch all the shows I put off watching from 5 years ago. Our gyms are open, so I can always go and lift or do whatever none cardio activity I need to. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@emili I can't watch anything when using a treadmill because instinctively, I'm running off the treadmill 😂 But I tend to watch some shows when riding a bike indoors (at least the bike won't turn unexpectedly 😂).

Best Answer

I use TeamBodyProject (TBP) Videos.  There are many many free ones on YouTube for people of every level of fitness.  I have had a lifetime membership since 2017.  I have gone periods where I have used them religiously and times where I have done nothing at all. Right now I use their "Express" workouts as supplements to my biking, walking and jogging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much guys for sharing the options that available, meaning that there are no excuses to carry a healthy life even though the weather makes it hard sometimes.

Please stay safe and keep stepping! 😀

Best Answer

I bought a second hand treadmill a few months back. Where I live the weather is very changeable and it is often wet and very windy, so exercising outside is pretty uncomfortable. But now I have no excuse to avoid some exercise! I like to read a book on my kindle on the treadmill. The time just flys by!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

That's awesome, @NellyG. That's a nice idea since you really take advantage of time by hitting two targets with one shot.

Thank you for sharing your post and please stay safe! 😀

Best Answer