Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbi Accuracy

I have discovered that if I wear my fitbit unit inside my sock around my ankle I get a much better steps count.   I wish they made an ankle strap.  If I go shopping around a large store pushing a cart it shows no steps.....if I work on my computer it shows steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

This guy wore his Fitbit on his ankle and it crashed the system

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wow he was fun to watch

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have a Charge 2 and it uses the dominate of your arm over time.  When I first got mine, I set it up in he settings correctly:  I am right handed so I marked right, and I wear it on my left hand so I marked left.

But I noticed almost anytime I would even move my hand, it would go off the chart so I researched it and this has worked for me - I trick it to be less sensitive.  Although I'm right handed, it's programed as left and I still wear it on my left arm.  The Fitbit will use this to be less sensitive because this would be your dominate hand. 

I also noticed that if I don't move my arm, it will still count my steps.  I'm not an arm swinger so I've tested it several times walking but looking at it like I'd be looking at the time and keep walking and it works.  I've also tested the accuracy the calculations when counting my own steps as I walk then comparing it to what it say I have and usually it's only about 4 off. 

Try the settings and see if that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated with my fit bit  not syncing. It is not  it is not my actual fit bit because that is registering for instants my weekly total sad that I only got 3623 steps in for the entire week and my best day was 3387 steps. So according to fit bit I barely walked for the other six days!! What’s up with that?!  actual fit bit because that is registering for instants my weekly total sad that I only got 3623 steps in for the entire week and my best day was 3387 steps. So according to fit bit I barely walked for the other six days!! What’s up with that?!

Best Answer
0 Votes