Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App shows an grossly incorrect bar graph showing steps walked

The Fitbit app shows the correct number of total steps walked.  But, if I add the totals of the individual bars, they come up to be about 25% of the total.

Has anybody else seen this and if so, how does one fix it.  I have been on call with a Fitbit Customer support for already 70 minutes today and countless other times in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Leaddog .. I am not sure I follow what you mean. If you go into the graph where it breaks it down for you (mine is orange in color) and you tap the bars, it will show you how many steps you took in a specific hour. If you spend the time tapping on each hour and adding it all up, you get the days total. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't agree.  The orange bar graphs are for 15 minute increments.  The step count they show is many times inaccurate.  I have sent fitbit pictures where the total of all the bar graphs is about 1500, whereas the the total number of steps shows in excess of 15,000.

I also have a continuous problem of the Fitbit Versa Lite losing the "GMP FIT" watch face and the watch keeps showing the red cross with a message something to the effect of not being able to sync.

I have tried all sorts of things, and the ONLY solution has been to delete the Versa Lite from the application and then re-add it.  This will cause the Versa Lite to perform another firmware update (which lasts about 9 to 10 hours) before the watch face can be installed again.

The Versa Lite is in my opinion the WORST WATCH ever made.  The "GMP FIT" watch face is the WORST ever, both created by rank amateurs.  The ONLY reason why I am sticking to both is the 1 year program I have with United Health Care.

The only way the watch lasts the longest, is if I ring it around the belt.  It looks crazy, but I don't care.  I cannot wear it because when I am pushing a cart or a trolley (which I do a lot at work), the steps are not counted because my hand does not move.

If I place the watch in my pocket along with the phone, the watch loses the app and the sync.  I think the button gets pushed for a long time.

I used to have a Fitbit One and I still have a Fitbit Zip.  Both are awesome devices, but as I cannot use either for the UHC program, I am stuck with the useless Versa Lite.  I cannot even buy my own Versa 2 and use it.

If I could rate the watch and the app minus 10 stars, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Best Answer
0 Votes