Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit + Beachbody

Hey all! I'm interested in connecting with anyone else who is, or is thinking about combining walking and monitoring their step counts with a Beachbody program (Insanity, P90X, 21 Day Fix, etc.) I've been adding in extra walks during the day to help reach my steps goals and I recently started P90X3 & Shakeology to boost my fitness transformation. Would love to connect with others on the same path for extra encouragement and support! Send me a message and/or friend invite!
Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I recently started using t-25. I love it but it is pretty hard.  I also go for walks every morning to keep my step count up because a lot of the exercizes dont really count as steps.  I don't do the shakes though, just keep rigourous count of my calories.  Good luck on your journey

Get to stepping:-)
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's awesome. I'm having to do some of the modifiers right now in p90,
but I'm hoping by the end to be able to get through all of it without.
Does T25 have good modifiers for the more beginner/intermediate levels?
Best Answer
0 Votes

it seems to depend on the video.  there are modifiers for everyone but sometimes the camera just doesnt show them. lol.  I started using the modifiers but i am doing better and hope to be at the full video soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Beta of T25.  There is a good modifier.  I mostly follow the modifier as I am not jumping in the house due to breakables on the shelf, hubby sleeping (I do my workout at 4:30 am and he works evenings).  I walk 1/2 hour to work about 6:30 and also walk home.  I definately get my steps in, except on weekends.  Then I pace while watching TV.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am hoping to start beta soon. but since i still need modifiers for alpha i thought i couldn't swich to beta

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm currently on day 18 of Body Beast and absolutely love it!!  I try to get in walks/runs in addition to that when I can!  This is my 2nd round!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do that program on Xbox Fitness as well... It's definitely a hard set of workouts. Unfortunately the fitbit doesn't seem to actually record many steps during it... But then again, it's not about recording fitbit steps, it's about being healthy, so looking at it that way it's not as important to do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started Beta last week and still follow the modifiers. i can't do a lot of the jumping because of my knees and their are still modified moves in Beta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm currently doing P90X and sprinklig in some time on the elliptical.  Since Fitbit can't track all workout efforts other than steps, I too rely on the site p90xcalories.com for estimates on calories burned.  So far I think it's been good. While I know that all of it can't be track exactly, as long as it's close I know where I stand as long as I burn more than I think I've taken in.  This is the second time we've started doing P90X (first was a few years ago after daughter born) so I think by the end of the year, I may either tire of it or need to move on to something else.  If you do start P90X3, I'd be interested to know what you (or others) think of it.

Best Answer

I am starting the 21 day challenge next week.  Just ordered my shakeology & workout video! Cant wait!

Best Answer

@grammykim3 wrote:

I am starting the 21 day challenge next week.  Just ordered my shakeology & workout video! Cant wait!

"Shakeology" is just expensive protein powder mixed with other stuff you should get from real food (eg. veggies, fruits) + a fancy name and heavy marketing. It's not a magic pill, nor something sustainable over the longer term. Most people in the Western world already get all the protein they need (in fact, probably more than they need) from their normal diet, they don't need to supplement that.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Way excited for you! I haven't tried 21 DF yet, but I've seen amazing things from others who have! Best of luck. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the P90X program for about 1.5 months with Xbox Fitness... THAT is a intensive workout program. It's very good but really tiring.

Lately I scaled back to just doing the Mossa workouts on Xbox Fitness combined with walks afterward and, to be honest, it kinda seems to wrk better for me (I lose more weight, have increased arms size and maintain health a tad better). But that is just me... I susepct that each person has to find their own program like that that fits them.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Right on! I love that Xbox has so many workouts available now. I have to mix it up to keep from getting bored!

Best of luck to you. 🙂

Best Answer

I just finished the 21 day fix round one and in 21 days I lost 10lbs! Really awesome program, and I know shakeology works for me so I stick to it. About to start round two! Let me know if anyone else does these programs, we can keep eachother motivated!!

Best Answer

max 30. Started January 26.

That and I do elliptical for up to 99 minutes and weight training on select days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have the picture posting tools on iPhone but 27% to 22% and 5 lbs dropped maintaining food control and only had a spinach wrap, bistro box and fruit cup as extras for 3 days using insanity max 30 and Jenny Craig food as main consumption.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm about to start Insanity next week... how is everyone recording their workout?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im interested if your looking for motivation.. I have done 2 cycles now of 21 day fix & i just got my fitbit.. A partner in crime would be nice

Best Answer
0 Votes