Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Bpm and Stress Test

ANSWERED

This was interesting- I just took my first ever treadmill stress test due to a scarier than usual heart palpitation 3 weeks ago (during meditation, it wouldn't stop for at least 2 minutes, felt like heart was going to lunge out of my chest & after, blood pressure went up and bpm went up and wouldn't come down - drove myself to emergency room).

Anyway, I'm wearing an EKG thing for a week, had an echocardiogram today and then took the stress test.  Didn't do real well, only got up to 120 but couldn't stay there for the full minute - and it took me nearly 15 minutes to get there.    

But I noticed after that my fit bit recorded my bpm as 103, not 120.  After I got home, I took my dog for her usual walk, but a short one -- and my bpm was between 99 and 104.  Makes me wonder what's the correct recording?  (My resting bpm is usually about 58 and it's reading 68 now.)

Why would it only read up to 103 when the doctor's equipment said 120?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ah, never mind -- figured it out!  The 103 reading was on my fitbit watch.  After I added this to the activities log on my laptop, and looked at it this morning, it read 124 as the highest, right around where 103 was on the watch.  Laptop has a lot more detail than the watch (duh)!  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Ah, never mind -- figured it out!  The 103 reading was on my fitbit watch.  After I added this to the activities log on my laptop, and looked at it this morning, it read 124 as the highest, right around where 103 was on the watch.  Laptop has a lot more detail than the watch (duh)!  

Best Answer

Thanks for including the follow-up report @SunsetRunner.  I sometimes see lagging HR presentation in my Fitbit devices and also on an Apple Watch that I wear.  Not sure why.  Most of the time the two devices read nearly the same, but sometimes what one or both is displaying just seems to be too low based on what I can tell (because I am exercising) my heart is doing.  But, like you, when I look back at the daily record it usually makes sense.   

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes