Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and "real" distance

ANSWERED
is the mile that I walk based upon actual distance, or my stride? My gym has a sign that indicates, in essence, 1 lap = .1 mile (so, 10 laps = 1 mile) but I'll be if my mile (based upon my Charge 2 reading) is a lot different than their mile...
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

hey there... so if you are walking outside, you want to use the walk feature and have the GPS synch up with our phone. This will give you the miles. If you are on the treadmill, it will be wrong... but... in the grand scheme of things it will be right enough to improve your fitness and get you where you want to be....

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You fitbit has no way of measuring distance (unlrss you are using connected GPS) so it is based on number of steps multiplied by the stride length in the app. If you want to set your stride length more accurately go HERE for instructions. However as your stride length tends to vary as you walk, Fitbit distance is always an approximation.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, if I use the GPS on my iPhone, and NOT the Walk "Exercise Shortcut" on my Fitbit, I should get a more accurate reading?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you Google Charge 2 manual, you will find the information you need on page 18.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey there... so if you are walking outside, you want to use the walk feature and have the GPS synch up with our phone. This will give you the miles. If you are on the treadmill, it will be wrong... but... in the grand scheme of things it will be right enough to improve your fitness and get you where you want to be....

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes