Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not logging workouts I am adding in

I have tried to log ahead of time my work out so when i do workout it records it with calories burned, fat burned, etc... (Ex: i would ad Yoga in and when it came time for class it records it).  Now the past few wks it doesnt.  Any suggestions? I do put it in after but it doesnt give me all the info i like just basic.  Like calories burned, no graph or anything and no fat burned.  At a loss

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

You need to track it at the time, not log it at a different time.

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

My class i track, in weekly, and I always schedule it an hour before and it never records it.  Last night i even put it in as I waited for class to start hoping that if the time was 15 before class started it would record.  Ty for helping xo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved the topic to the "Get moving" forum, which is more relevant to your question IMO. It’s as @Alicat2104 said: if you want to see detailed stats and graphs about your workout, you need to log in on your device (if supported by it). Some Fitbits (e.g. Ionic, Charge 2) will let you start and stop an activity, others  (e.g. Alta HR, Flex 2) won’t.

I understand it can be motivating to see how much time you spent in the "fat burn" zone during a given workout, but what really matters is your activity at the daily, weekly and monthly level. There are graphs that show you consolidated data at these levels, whether or not you log individual workouts.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Prplangel2242 which tracker do you have?

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

The alta2.  I tried to add yoga before, put in title, time i start and time i end and click log and after my workout nothing.  Several weeks ago it recorded it when i did all that now nothing.  I even tried tonrecord zumba doing the same and nothing.  I may have to call fitbit itself.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ty and yes thats what i have been trying to do and it doesnt record it. I didnt have this weeks ago and now it does it all the time. I tried with yoga and zumba and nothing. I put in title, time start, time ending, and click log. After my workout its blank.  It records zumba on its own an aerobic workout but doesnt record when i add my own in.  I may need to call fitbit its very fustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alta HR (which I assume is what you mean by "Alta2") only supports auto-detected activities, not activities specifically started and ended by the user on the device (it has no buttons for that). You would need a tracker like Charge 2 (very similar to Alta HR), as it has a button to start/end activities (and you can specify what type of activity you’re doing).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes