Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit recommendations

Hi everyone,

i had a Fitbit years ago, it was a charge 3 I think but stopped using it due to it negatively impacting my mental health. 

I am doing better now but I do have some chronic health issues and was considering getting a new one for myself but I have some considerations that will depend on which one is right for me and there are so many options so if anyone could please help me out to recommend one that would be amazing!

firstly, I am happy to spend money on something that is worth it but would like to stay in the cheaper end if possible. I really just would like to track my steps and sleep, and maybe heart rate too. Im not so much interested in anything to do with weight or calories and honestly if there is an option for that to not be displayed that would be awesome. So really just the most basic of features is all I want! 
However, my job is washing dogs at a dog groomers so as you can imagine I have my hands wet pretty much all day so I definitely need good water resistance and I know that most of the fitbits now are meant to be water resistant but does that work well for long periods of time? 

please let me know if there’s any specific fitbits that would suit my needs!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jessieoshan I know occasionally people have had problems with water getting in to Fit its but I don't think it is a common problem at all. I have been using fitbitsfor years and swam regularly for several years and have never had a problem. If you want something as the less expensive end of the spectrum I would suggest the Luxe or an Inspire. Both are smallish and are at the cheaper end of the spectrum with less fancy abilities than the bigger more expensive fitbits and would both provide the functions you need. Of the two I prefer the Luxe, but that is a personal style choice rather than a functional choice - both work equally well. I like the softer more curved style of the Luxe and the colour screen which I find easier to read.

You can view them HERE 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @jessieoshan 

I agree with @NellyG on the recommendation for the Luxe. I think you'd like color display. For me, a color display makes it easier to read, like on my Charge 5. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer