Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit with Endomondo or Strava

ANSWERED

Hi all, 

I've been using Fitbit for my running for the past few months and all is good.

I'm thinking of installing either Endomondo or Strava. Anyone got any suggestions about which is better for running?? I'm only a novice doing about 5K..

D

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They're both good.  Strava has better graphics and might be better if you are only going to be running.

I like Endomondo myself because it tracks a lot more activities, but I got both Endomondo and Strava back when I was running and still preffered the data on Endomondo.  But I REALLY wanted to like Strava because it does look so good.

Both sync fine with FitBit.  The only time I had a problem was when I was syncing FitBit, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal all together and it was double tracking runs.  I just stopped the sync between FitBit and Endomondo and my runs syned to FitBit via MFP.

Long story short: you really can't go wrong with either one, though Endomondo might be better in the long run if you plan on swiching sports at any time.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I've never heard of Endomondo, but I use Strava and love it.  And you can link it with your fitbit account

Best Answer
0 Votes

They're both good.  Strava has better graphics and might be better if you are only going to be running.

I like Endomondo myself because it tracks a lot more activities, but I got both Endomondo and Strava back when I was running and still preffered the data on Endomondo.  But I REALLY wanted to like Strava because it does look so good.

Both sync fine with FitBit.  The only time I had a problem was when I was syncing FitBit, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal all together and it was double tracking runs.  I just stopped the sync between FitBit and Endomondo and my runs syned to FitBit via MFP.

Long story short: you really can't go wrong with either one, though Endomondo might be better in the long run if you plan on swiching sports at any time.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried and it didn't work for me? I have the fitbit Charge HR , Is this why?  ;( 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW, I tested 5-6 running apps 2.5 years ago. One of them was Endomondo, but I didn’t really like it. I ended up keeping Runtastic (paid a few euros and went for the Pro version) and I’ve been staying with it ever since. It doesn’t integrate with Fitbit, though, but I don’t view this as a problem: for me, Fitbit and Runtastic each has their own purpose, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I guess the best for you is to try a few apps and see which one you like best. In the end, it’s a matter of personal preferences.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I myself you Strava, because it tracks my running and my riding. Which are my two main activities.

I really like how with Strava i can compare the same run or ride with past efforts. And been able to compete in segments with other Strava uses really pushes me to do better (i currently have a hill on one of my regular running routes where i am slowly making my way up the ranks!!)

I liked the added competitiveness 🙂

But, as said earlier, they are both very good apps, i did use Endomondo before i discovered Strava...but as i said, i preferred Strava as it was for running and riding.

"Act like a lady...Lift like a BOSS"
Best Answer
0 Votes