Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitness Level

Is it normal to see your fitness level decrease, when you intensify your workout and you're working in peak more than cardio?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

depends what you consider a fitness level

Best Answer
0 Votes

as human beings our bodies and minds adapt to changes in our lifestyles over time, so yes you can see a decrease in fitness levels. my suggestion is to not work in the peak zones. never overtax yourself but maintain a consistant growth pattern when you train. I'm sure you've heard the saying attainable goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might be that you're you're not getting enough rest between intense workouts.  You should not exercise in peak mode on consecutive days. Take at least a day or two of easier, less strenuous workouts between high intensity workouts to let your body recover. And get plenty of sleep.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Sleep and nutrition. Think of it as a healthy triangle, Nutrition, Sleep, Movement. All need to be in balance for your body to recover from workouts, lose weight, grow muscle, improve repertory and cardiac performance, and so forth.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Like any muscle in your body you have to let your heart rest. I would for sure follow all the advice here to maintain a good balance. Also, if you haven't had a chance to read about it, here is a link that can explain the fitness level feature and help you figure out how to properly measure yours... https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2096#measure

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Also, regardless of your exercise output, a rising resting heart rate can throw off the score temporarily. Once the heart rate returns to its normal state, the score should go up again.

If you're spending a bunch of time in peak zone, I would recommend looking into HIIT training, which will make you take a break to let the heart get out of peak for a few.

Also, taking a run of at least 10 minutes, assuming the trackers has true or connected gps feature, will update the score. So if you feel it should be higher, this is one way to test it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer