Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting mobility back after chemo and mastectomy

ANSWERED

Hi guys,

Looking for advise. I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in June last year. Been through 6 months of chemo and a double mastectomy this year January. 

I really need to get my fitness back up as well as getting my diet right. 

Any advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

Been though some of what you have gone through. Sounds like you are on the right track on getting back.That's good news!

Take it slow listen to your body. I was told to walk .5 miles turn around and go back Next day do .6 and turn back. Keep going daily.

Some days I dont make it far. But I'm out there trying. That's all we can do

Please keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

Been though some of what you have gone through. Sounds like you are on the right track on getting back.That's good news!

Take it slow listen to your body. I was told to walk .5 miles turn around and go back Next day do .6 and turn back. Keep going daily.

Some days I dont make it far. But I'm out there trying. That's all we can do

Please keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Hi,

Thank you I will definitely try that
Best Answer

I think walking and restorative yoga are great compliments especially when you are recovering from surgery.  Just take it really slow and be kind to yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maddie1976.. it sounds like you are on your way to good health and that is the most important thing. I am sure it was a very difficult and stressful time. I echo the others.. take your time, listen to your body consult with your medical team and mostly enjoy every moment. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes