Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting screwed on my 250 steps per hour

ANSWERED

I often get screwed out my 14 hours of 250 steps for some reason. The FitBit will show BOOM! and when I sync, it shows 13 of 14, 12 of 14, or 11 of 14 hours even though I worked my butt off to ensure I meet this goal daily. What wrong with this device, the Charge2? In addition, when using the StepMaster, no steps or floors are registered which is like not doing anything for an hour since nothing will register.

The issues mentioned above really kill a person's motivation since the proof is only shown in your Sync report not what you tell others you have accomplished. Yes, others tell you to shut up and just exercise instead of making up a fishing tale, because what they see in my report is what they believe not my explanation, which is a BS lie to cover for my inactivity.

Maybe there is a better fitness monitor out there that's more accurate than this Charge2.

Tak

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I don't know what's going on with your 250 steps thing and i'm assuming you're talking about a stairmaster when u say stepmaster.

When you use those your hands don't move do they?

If that's the case no steps will show cause that's how it registers steps.

Your heart rate should increase and the calories burned should show though.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

I don't know what's going on with your 250 steps thing and i'm assuming you're talking about a stairmaster when u say stepmaster.

When you use those your hands don't move do they?

If that's the case no steps will show cause that's how it registers steps.

Your heart rate should increase and the calories burned should show though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue. Charge 2 is calculating all my active hrs but my app isn't syncing them. Think it's since the last update

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Charge 2. In the end you do this for you. You know how much you move and the total steps are still calculated. So my advice is to let the others talk.

For the StepMaster, the fitness trackers pick up steps based on arm movement. It won't count stairs as you are staying at the same level (not changing heights), so it can't pick up on that. But move your arms or attach it to your waist for it to pick up the steps.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Thank you! I appreciate your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, I am doing it for myself and not for others. I just thought it would be a great topic of discussion related to my progress, but it is not a great topic to talk to others about. I like your idea regarding the placement of the FitBit. I will try putting it in my pocket to see if I can get something to register. Best wishes and thank you for your supportive words of encouragement.

Best Answer

I think you can still talk with others about your activity and the increase of it, just leave out the details. The total amount of steps are still registered during that hour, even though it might show you did not move. It keeps me motivated to talk about it every now and then, but I do leave out the details and just talk about my total level and progress. And Charge 2 users are aware of this issue and can relate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get very frustrated when I have walked a couple of thousand steps in an hour and the red dot does not register. Demotivates you for the rest of the day. I have an HR

Best Answer

@Stepsperhour

Is that still happening for you? Cause it should be fixed according to FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated this morning so I will see if that fixes it - thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the newer software for the iPhone and Kindle works better now. I
have had more consistent results the past three weeks. There was a recent
software update for the FitBit Charge2 a couple days ago I downloaded so
there might be one for the HR, too. Good luck and know in your heart you
accomplished your goal even though the software does not register it.
Congratulations for being a trooper like me. We can do anything when we put
I mind to it! Keep it up!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just discovered for the current hour I am not getting credit. I did over 250 steps, refreshed and did not see the hour bubble change to red. I made a note of  the number of steps I had and repeated stepping for a total of nearly 500 on the second try. The bubble did not change, nor did the step count change. This is the first day I've had these types of problems. Earlier this morning, it did not record active minutes accurately. I'm about to go back to the tried and true old fashioned method of tracking.

It finally cooperated after 12 more minutes of walking despite refreshing and synching earlier. I even go active minutes out of it.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge 3, and I am getting screwed on the 250+steps there is some days where it says 13 of 14 hours, 12 of 14 hours, 11 of 14 hours, when I actually got all 14 of 14 hours, the Charge 3 says it correctly but the dashboard does not, Is there a way to fix that?

Best Answer

@tomhanson0199 wrote:

I have a Fitbit Charge 3, and I am getting screwed on the 250+steps there is some days where it says 13 of 14 hours, 12 of 14 hours, 11 of 14 hours, when I actually got all 14 of 14 hours, the Charge 3 says it correctly but the dashboard does not, Is there a way to fix that?

Just to confirm - you aren't manually logging a workout with a distance to it during a time you got a lot of steps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now out-of-sync to my phone. Android, by the way.

Device shows 5 of 9 ... App on phone shows 4 of 9.

There is no way to force an update/sync ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that this may just be bug. I have this happen more often that it should but when i am in the review screen, I back out and then go back in again, and it's just as it should be? too me seems like a silly glitch but it usually updates by backing out and going back in again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Charge 3 with a similar issue.  I use a belt clip so the hands not moving is not a problem.

The problem is that the sync is not accurately recording the updated data for some reason.  I have 25,000+ steps today.  I got many of them in the last 3 hours.  I synced after 6 pm and it showed I had 8 of 14.  At various times in the next two hours, I went from 16,000+ steps to over 25,000.  Instead of it bumping up to 10 of 14, it dropped o 7.  Go figure.

I know the steps are often decremented when a sync occurs.  I cannot tell if it is because I still happened to be moving when it happened, or some other combination of events.  I hope Fitbit will monitor this thread and perhaps review my logged data.

For a bit of clarify: I do not keep the iPhone app running all the time.  I only start it when I want to sync the data.  I prefer to preserve my battery as long as possible.  I don't care for GPS tracking, tips, recommendations, reminders or other noise that just interferes with the use of the app or device.  The app is updated and the firmware was also updated.  I think the decision to update to that last version was a mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The user reported that the device gives him the BOOM!, but upon syncing it decrements the hours with the 250+ steps.  How would the device show that if it wasn't recording the steps?  In my opinion, the problem lies within the sync routines that is not properly recording data between syncs.  Maybe the sync expects that all users would naturally be tethered to a running app all the time and doesn't expect it to have been inactive during any activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize this is an old thread, but with the 2019/20 version, I don't think it is working better.  It still decrements steps, activities, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree WhiskeyJack77, it IS a bug.

Fitbit should pay attention the thread and fix the problem.  The last firmware update broke some things.

I have a different experience than you do: Once it changes a previously marked hour to not having 250+, it doesn't ever restore it.  That hour is gone.  Maybe the problem is Fitbit doesn't expect people to exercise spanning multiple hours.  If I'm walking from 5:50 and get 250+ steps and continue to 6:10 and get another 250+ steps, it should show both hours as 250+.  In my experience, it does not.

Best Answer