Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals

ANSWERED

I recently joined the Fitbit family and am enjoying it very much. I earned a sneaker award for 10,000 steps in one day. this was a great accomplishment for me as I am 70 years old. The notification stated that 10,000 steps per day was the recommended amount of steps for a day. However this is an unrealistic goal for me. That day was a frantic day and I was exhausted at the end of it. I am wondering what is a realistic goal for me. Does anyone have any ideas. I have a fairly demanding job that I can build on for steps,but am quite sedentary when not working. These are the days I need to have a goal to shoot for. Hoping to get some ideas.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You know that really depends on you. Set it for what is attainable to you. You do not have to make 10K a day if you cant.

If you consistently go over that goal then up the goal form there.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You know that really depends on you. Set it for what is attainable to you. You do not have to make 10K a day if you cant.

If you consistently go over that goal then up the goal form there.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

going to move this to Get Moving forum as it has nothing to do with challenges

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's awesome @souper! You just joined the Fitbit family and already got the 10,000 badge, you're doing amazing girl. 

The same happens to me, I used to do the 10,000 steps but now due to my job I just do half of what I used to do. As our dear friend @WendyB mentioned, you go slow but with big achievements just set a goal and reach it everyday.

Don't forget to share your achievements with your friends if you use the Fitbit app, now we have the Community tabRobot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think any of us can know what a realistic goal for you is. You know your fitness level and stamina better than we do. How many steps do you normally get in a day? Maybe set a goal slightly above that as your goal.

Good luck!

Best Answer