Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair loss in Women

ANSWERED

SandyD74:  There are multiple causes of hair loss in Women: Hormonal changes, Medical conditions(diabetes, Alopecia, Lupus), Medications,Physical or Emotional stress, Infections,poor nutrition, Stress.  Mayo Clinic suggests avoiding hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments or permanents which can cause inflammation of hair follicles, and avoid tight hair styles.  If your condition continues I suggest you consult a Dermatologist before blaming your FitBit.  I vowed to stay silent on anymore Physical complaints blamed on FitBit, but couldn't let this one pass.  The only complaint that has any credence is skin conditions that could be caused by an allergy to materials in the FitBit or it's band.  If you do have Alopecia, hair loss is not always permanent, hair can grow back.  Good luck and have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Gam1ra:  Sorry to hear of your wife's hair loss.  I would recommend the following:

Take off her Fitbit.

Stop using a hair dryer.  Hair dryers emit 60-2000 times the daily recommended daily exposure of EMF's.

The EPA recommends only .05-2.5 MilliGauss's per day.

Consult a Dermatologist. 

I attribute my hair loss to wearing my Fitbit or my advancing age.  I lean more toward my advancing age.

Have a great day!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

@Corney

Why don't you reply to the message instead of starting a new thread? How am I supposed to find it? Or give a link to the thread. When you address a person put an before it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also if you let us know where the thread is it can be moved so that person can read what you said.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corney,

Never mind. I'm going to focus on getting up to 50,000 steps a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WendyB:  The thread was found on the internet under Electromagnetic Field Around the Fitbit and was sent to SandyD74.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gam1ra:  Sorry to hear of your wife's hair loss.  I would recommend the following:

Take off her Fitbit.

Stop using a hair dryer.  Hair dryers emit 60-2000 times the daily recommended daily exposure of EMF's.

The EPA recommends only .05-2.5 MilliGauss's per day.

Consult a Dermatologist. 

I attribute my hair loss to wearing my Fitbit or my advancing age.  I lean more toward my advancing age.

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not so long ago I encountered a very peculiar cause for hair loss which I thought to had not been actual in our times - lice, my daughter got them from someone at school.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I was saying, my daughter got them at school and before we could figure out where they all came from the school had to be closed down for sanitization. Went to a doctor and he suggested that we shaved my daughter's head, ridiculous indeed. I went online and found this lice treatment kit, we have used it for a week or so and the lice were gone. Glad I didn't listen to that incompetent doctor, imagine the trauma my poor girl would have gotten, having to feel separated and a freak.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, stress was a significant factor in hair loss.

Best Answer

Many women confront with hair loss, even though they follow a proper hair care routine. That's my case too. I was using the best products recommended by my dermatologist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many women confront with hair loss, even though they follow a proper hair care routine. That's my case too. I was using the best products recommended by my dermatologist. I made weekly a hair treatment at the salon. But, one day, my hair started to fall out. I was aware of the problem. At that time, I was so stressed because of my work. I had deadlines, can't manage to finish them all. My boss was screaming at me. SO, burnout. I took half a year vacation, and my hair got to normal.

Best Answer
KNagisa: I was glad to hear that your hair grew back to normal and your
hair loss wasn't due to that pesky FitBit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting topic, @Corney

My mother and sister bought a house together a few years ago and there are stressful situations that come with that (paying a mortgage for a long period of time, constant repairs, safety and other things).

They both started to experience hair loss at the exact same time, and it was all due to stress! Besides the different treatments from dermatologist, once they made a few changes to their routine and they made some time to enjoy the little pleasures of life, their hair loss stopped almost completely. It's incredible the effect that stress can have in our bodies. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

after covid, everyone's hair falls out. my master in the hairdresser says that you can immediately see who was sick and who was not. I was not spared this side ... I started taking vitamins for my hair, it started to fall out a little less, but still a trace remains after me ... I hope these vitamins will help me grow my hair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my god, I'm so sorry! There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starts falling off as a woman. You definitely need more supplements in your life.

Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do...

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop our hair loss with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair!

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you ❤️

Debbie

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, true, true! You never see the end. Causes are too many, and treatments are a lot less. I started to lose my hair during pregnancy, and my doctor said, is your immune system, hormones, "take vitamins, and you will be ok." I did that two years and nothing. The hair was galling like never. Electric stimulation helped me, but once I stopped doing this procedure, my hair suffered again. My follicles refused to grow, **ahem**. I gave them vitamins, expensive shampoos, CBD oil. Nothing was with success. The only solution was renewing hair follicles with a hair transplant. Here is the medical center https://www.hairtransplantclinictoronto.com/beard-transplant-toronto/ where I did my surgery and got my beautiful and long hair back. Good luck! I hope it will be easy for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I'm honest, I fully understand what you mean, since there is room for this information. By the way, my friend could not decide on the haircut for a long time, until she found information on the free topic of this site glaminati.com/medium-length-hairstyles-long-thick-hair/ where I found out medium length haircuts. Have you ever thought about using it too? I think this is quite reasonable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have problems with hormones and this is a big reason for hair loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes