Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate changed unexpectedly

So I have been following an exercise routine most days for a year. 1 hour at golf dome or range, slugging balls, then 20 minutes elliptical workout.Got the fitbit in January and have 3 months of information. In January and most of February, heart rate for golf dome(fitbit calls it Sport) and Walking was mid 80's. Resting rate is 57 or so. Elliptical heart rate ranges from 90 to 135. Then late February, heart rate for dome and walking increases from mid 80's to 115 or so. Consistently and it's not an error in fitbit because I get fatigued more quickly and start hitting badly much more quickly than before. Slugging 125 balls in 40 minutes was easy and only after 100 balls did I get sloppy, fatigued, short of breath, all that. Now it happens quickly. This is opposite to what you expect for exercise. Resting rate and elliptical have not changed and elliptical is no more difficult to do than before, maybe a little easier. It just seems that a normal level of activity now makes for a much higher heart rate than before and the change occurred in a short ramp up from late February to early March. No other lifestyle changes.

If it stays or worsens, I'll see a doctor. Just wondering if anyone has experience with a relatively sudden increase in heart rate for a normal level of activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @zaywhat.  You may just need some rest.  Maybe take a week off and see if your body recovers.

But unless you can think of something obvious, (flu, changes in sleeping pattern resulting in less sleep, eating less), and a little rest doesn't help, I would go see the doctor.  (Probably worth making the appointment now anyway if you haven't had a physical lately).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. Had a physical a few months ago. Very low cholesterol, which is a long term issue for heart health but that was new a few months ago. I took a week off exercise and relaxed in March. It’s been over a month so it’s a mystery. I’ll probably check in with my doctor.

Best Answer

@zaywhat I agree with you that it may be a good idea to see a doctor. I will tell you for me, if I am mopping the floor I feel like I am over exerting myself. But running 6 miles not as bad. I have no idea why, but it is how it is. I feel great otherwise, so looking at it as some weird thing.. or maybe its subconsciously me not wanting to mop floors.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer