Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate increase after weight gain normal?

Ok. So, i am ashamed to say after a nearly 3 week holiday ive gained 12 pounds. Gone from 70bpm to 81pbm

Lots of lazing about, pigging out and generally being idle.

My heart rate was increasing but i thought it may be due to the heat. However since being home its still on the rise.

I decided to weight myself and saw the weight gain.

Would this explain my increase in resting HR? Btw I'm already overweight, I've had chest xrays, bloods and ecgs. All came back fine.

Screenshot_20180830-094954_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Jawwdan91 wrote:

Ok. So, i am ashamed to say after a nearly 3 week holiday ive gained 12 pounds. Gone from 70bpm to 81pbm 

Don’t beat yourself up, and don’t overthink the increase in RHR: just go back on track and look forward. I often see temporary increases in RHR when I’m taken out of my "comfort zone", typically when travelling / being away from home: it normally comes back to its usually level when I return to my familiar routines. 

I also tend to gain weight when I’m away from home. I’ve described the phenomenon in this topic. Same thing: I get back on track and my weight return to where it was before the trip, usually within a couple of weeks.

Nothing dramatic/irreversible can happen in just 2-3 weeks. As long as you don’t let things go out of hand for longer, you should have no problem returning to square one.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I agree with @Dominique. I too see increases in my heart rate when I've slipped from my routine, which can result in added weight. Heat can also impact your heart rate. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

And yes, when it is hot out, the heart works harder to keep the body temperature down. A user should expect a higher heart rate in hot weather..

As mentioned it is best to move on from here, we all have something that frustrates us, if it is not weight it will be something else. 

Best Answer

I think if you enjoyed your time off and did things that make you happy, you accomplished one of the important things about life which is to take a time out and do what makes you happy. now that your time off is over, you get back into your routine and move forward. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I wouldn' t worry about that. My numbers get high if I haven' t slept enough or forgotten to drink plenty. 

Remember that if any of the "normal" factors in your body changes, even for a short period of time, your hear will change it' s workload.

Higher beating rates, higher blood pressure, practically everything.

After a return to your normal day routines and activities it should return to it' s normal balance.

Also as a female need to remind that just menstrual cycle and difference in hormone levels might influence heart rate and blood pressure just as long as the fluid levels of your body.

So relax, return to your regime and enjoy your life 🙂

Best Answer

it's normal stuff. if you had HIIT with weights, even medium intensity training, afterworkout your body functions like metabolism, rising the production of hormones increases, to build new cells etc. it's can be up to 48 hr after workout and it's normal. that's why you need a rest and to eat clean food.

So don't be scared about it) you just train your HR

Best Answer
0 Votes