Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate reducing

Hi all, I'm 41, very unfit. I'm keeping track this week as I feel I'm either going out of my mind,  my night time heart rate is going lower and dipping into high 50s which isn't normal for me. Day time can be low 70s or into high 60s. I'm normally at a faster rate of 80 sitting down. Anyone got any advice, I know sensible thing is to see a doc but I suffer from awful anxiety 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your heart rate description does not sound bad - I'm sitting down and writing this and my heart rate is 85 but going down.  I've just been on an elliptical to 3 minutes ... just checked my rate again and it's now 78.  I've found that the fitbit data collection is helpful, I have been working on getting 10,000 steps a day and the 10 hours of activity (250+ steps an hour) which has been very helpful keep my health decent for several years now.

If you want to learn about keeping yourself healthy then I recommend reading Daniel Lieberman's book - "The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health, and Disease" - it's an academic book that starts by documenting how we moved to today's world after evolving as hunter gatherers - the first half of the book tells you how we got to be ourselves today, and the second half gives an excellent description of what can be good for us today and what we should avoid doing too.  It's all a result of excellent research, not just a story and might help you get fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EMMAODOHERTY If it is a marked change then you need to see your doctor. Asking on a forum such as this may give you a false sense of security. Ask some who is trained to answer you. Chances are there is nothing wrong, but you won't know until you ask someone who has the knowledge to answer.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer