Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate zone during resistance training/

I had been doing resistance training with bands.  I’m just doing this at home, so I’m a total amateur.  I do noticed that while I’m doing my sets, my heart rate rarely hit “cardio”, even “fat burn”.  Is that normal?  Or maybe I’m not exerting enough?  But I know I was trying real hard pulling those bands (my muscles ache).  Any thoughts/

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @LeslieFok Good on you for doing the bands! I would think your heart rate sounds pretty normal. It should increase during your workout, but as it isn't cardiovascular exercise it is unlikely to get too high. I find when I walk, even pretty hard walking up hills, I rarely get above fat burn, but on my bike where I have to work harder constantly I have a much higher rate and HR zones. If you want to get your heart rate up, try vigorous walkng, biking, jogging or hard swimming.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

It is really need to know what should be good for health then you must know about heart rate and - 

A target heart rate of eighty-ninety % of your max (vigorous intensity) will increase your lactate threshold. This heart rate zone is often useful to improve performance in weightlifting and other non-endurance sports that require power output. C4Yourself Heart rate increases acutely immediately following a work bout and is affected by the amount of resistance, the number of repetitions and the muscle mass involved in the contraction small vs. large mass exercises.

Best Answer
0 Votes