Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate

ANSWERED

So I originally got a Fitbit after a spell of not feeling well. I wanted to monitor my heart rate. It stayed at 100 or more. I just got a call from my doctor after  convincing my doctor that something was going on with my heart.  I've been sent to a cardiovascular doctor which I'll find out more later.   But anyways my doctor told me I have PVC I was curious if that throws off the rest of the information that the fit bit will record.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Josh86, PVC means that the Fitbit will record the extra heart beats that you are experiencing, which will show in your hear graph (as you have noticed), and it will make your calculated calorie burn higher than it actually is due to the device thinking you are exercising more than you are.

If the cardiologist confirms that you have PVC, I am sure that you will be in a treatment program very soon to control it.  All the best to you!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Lots of burned calories and active minutesLots of burned calories and active minutes

Crazy heart rateCrazy heart rate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't mean to except that solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Josh86, PVC means that the Fitbit will record the extra heart beats that you are experiencing, which will show in your hear graph (as you have noticed), and it will make your calculated calorie burn higher than it actually is due to the device thinking you are exercising more than you are.

If the cardiologist confirms that you have PVC, I am sure that you will be in a treatment program very soon to control it.  All the best to you!

Best Answer

I thought it might just because I average 5000 calories burned.  Just wanted to check, well hopefully I get it under control might make it more useful to me but than again if I didn't have these graphs it would have been harder to convince my doctor to look into it.  Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Josh86, your daily heart rate graph looks pretty good as do your activity levels; keep it up like that and you'll keep the doctor at bay for quite some time.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes